Be careful with old versions!
These versions are displayed for reference and testing purposes. You should always use the latest version of an add-on.
* Interactive settings dialog has been enhanced.
* bugfix: If the settings 'Compress only selected attachment files' and 'Compress all attachment files if none is selected' were enabled, then no compressing occurred if no file was selected.
* Maximum compatibility setting has been enabled for Thunderbird v48.* to v52.0.
* bugfix: For TB >= v31.* the recipients filtering did not work.
* bugfix: Some error messages could be displayed in error console when composing dialog was opened if the main icon was not displayed on the toolbar.
* Maximum compatibility setting has been enabled for Thunderbird v45.* to v48.0.
* Maximum compatibility setting has been enabled for Thunderbird v32.* to v45.0.
This dialog offers also to keep current settings as default settings.
* It's possible to define some default settings for interactive settings dialog, such as value of several checkboxes.
* Activation/desactivation of filters is now related to compression method, allowing to have complete independant values for filters of independant compression and filters of global compression.
* Some localized strings have been changed to be more relevant.
* The addon allows now to filter files which have been backuped on a remote service such as cloud, preventing to compress attachments which have already been handled through TB feature called 'filelink'.
* The addon allows now to log debug information directly into a user-defined file.
* Design of interactive settings dialog has changed.
* When updating addon, changes and modifications of settings (if needed) are done right at TB start, and not anymore when opening compose dialog.
* When updating addon, if main icon has been previously removed from toolbar then its display is not forced anymore and it is left in the customization palette.
* bugfix: In certain circumstances, handling of parallel runs did not block automatic compressing through "auto-save-as-draft" whereas another compressing was already in progress.
* bugfix: When performing a global compression, simulation process crashed and files were compressed even if compression ratio did not comply the filter (bug introduced in v0.4.0).
* bugfix: When sending message, if compressing was cancelled through interactive settings dialog then TB acted awkwardly and may stay blocked and/or send the message twice.
* bugfix: In action modes 'send' or 'save', no additional compressing was possible if 2 compressings have been previously launched and the 2nd has been automatically skipped because of the setting 'do not compress if at least 1 file has already been compressed'.
* bugfix: In case several files had been compressed and the last attachment was removed from message then undoing compression failed and addon crashed.
* bugfix: In interactive settings dialog, preview of renaming couldn't handle the '?s' tag (subject of message).
* bugfix: For TB >= v24.*, when clicking the 'reset to factory defaults' button, final warning message was not displayed.
* bugfix: If main icon has been removed from toolbar then addon crashed when loading while opening compose dialog, hence some initializations were not fully completed.
* Maximum compatibility setting has been enabled for Thunderbird v25.* to v32.0.
* The addon offers now to set main settings through a "quick settings" menu into addon custom button displayed in toolbar (Nb: On Mac OS X, seems menuitems are sometimes not visibly checked when clicking on them).
* User can now decide to keep source filename extension when using global compressed file mode.
* Character replacement can now make use of regular expressions.
- Syntax for regex grouping is (group). Back-reference syntax to groups is $1, $2, $3, etc.
- Order of replacements is very important: replacement are applied one after one as they appear in the list (first: above, last: below); hence it is recommended to place replacements which use regex at the end of the list.
* Each character replacement can now be individually enabled or disabled.
* Character replacements list offers now 2 new buttons ('up' and 'down') to move one character replacement amongst the others through the list.
* Lots of non-ASCII characters have been natively added to character replacement list:
- greek characters (thanks to George Soulis).
* A new option has been added which allows to rename directly temporary files with final name of attachment. Nb: This is only useful when using some remote backup system such as cloud.
* Storage of character replacements has been changed to enhance stability using JSON notation.
* Storage of renaming patterns, sizes & ratios filters have been changed to enhance stability.
* A new filter has been added to control if attachment files are compressed or not:
- a files count filter.
* bugfix: When appending a previous global compressed file, compressing crashed if first file of new files set had exactly the same name than another file in the global compressed file.
* bugfix: When installing or upgrading the addon on MacOS systems with Gloom not installed, no information popup dialog was displayed and the addon crashed.
* bugfix: User-defined list of patterns to filter filenames which contained non-ASCII characters were not handled correctly.
* bugfix: User-defined renaming patterns containing non-ASCII characters were not handled correctly.
* bugfix: User-defined compression comments which contained non-ASCII characters were not handled correctly.
* bugfix: If no file was attached and compression was fired then an improper warning message was displayed ("no recipients").
* bugfix: If "auto-save-as-draft" was fired whereas compression was being performed then compressing may crash.
Nb: Please note that if some compressing is enabled when auto-saving-as-draft (see settings dialog > General > Actions > Save automatically as draft), then auto-saving is disabled during active time of addon.
* bugfix: When changing compression method through quick settings menu, the size and ratio value settings were not changed.
* The addon is now compatible with Thunderbird from v18.* to v25.0.
* Execution of compression can now be filtered regarding recipients of the message being composed: user can define separated white and black lists of patterns which can control if compression if skipped or not regarding if one or all email recipients match given patterns.
* Some GUI elements and behaviour have been improved.
* Lots of non-ASCII characters have been natively added to character replacement list:
- uppercase version of all already-present characters
- islandic, danish, norwegian and swedish characters
* Maximum compatibility setting has been enabled for Thunderbird v16.* to v18.0a1.
* If undoing compression is set so that a confirmation is asked, it's now possible to disable the setting through displayed confirmation dialog.
* bugfix: If renaming pattern included a dot ('.') then substring after the dot (or last dot if several) was ripped of renaming. Renaming/Doublon-check algorithm has been rewritten.
* bugfix: Context menu for attached files in attachment box was not displayed for TB starting from v8.*.
* Maximum compatibility setting has been enabled for Thunderbird v14.* to v16.0a1.
* Czech translation has been added (thanks to Zdenek Crhonek).
* Czech non-ASCII characters have been natively added to character replacement list.
* Maximum compatibility setting has been enabled for Thunderbird v12.* to v13.*.
* It's now possible to set files compressed with a custom extension (which is not default 'zip') to appear as classic archives. This appearance is only available during composing session.
* Alert dialog when installing or upgrading addon has been replaced by a popup dialog.
* Maximum compatibility setting has been enabled for Thunderbird v11.* to v12.0a1.
* The feature which asks for name of each compressed file now uses name pattern for its initialization. This pattern is fully independant from other renaming patterns.
* New options have been added to renaming pattern to insert automatically current date or current time in compressed file name.
Nb: When appending a global compressed file, date and time are updated.
* A new specific option has been added to 'global compressed file' mode which allows to use files count included into compressed file for its renaming pattern.
Nb: When appending a global compressed file, files count is updated.
* Some help dialogs have been added in order to guide user through addon configuration.
* bugfix: Once enabled, checkbox which allows to edit compressed file extension could not be disabled by clicking it a second time, thus checkbox has been replaced by a button.
* bugfix: When compressing a file with the same name as an already-compressed file but with a different case, file was given a doublon name. Now doublon-names check is case-insensitive.
* bugfix: When using 'global compressed file' mode, compressing several files with exactly the same name (but with a different URL) added only one file to the archive (each added file overwrited previous one with the same name).
* Maximum compatibility setting has been enabled for Thunderbird v7.* to v11.0a1.
* Units for file size and compression benefit ratio are now also shown at the right of the related textbox.
* bugfix: Ratio benefit filter value was not handled correctly when resetting dialog settings.
* bugfix: Some french mispellings have been corrected.
* Extension of compressed files can now be user-defined (useful to fool antivirus softwares in a business environment). Beware: changing default extension requires messages recipients know which attachments are compressed and how to uncompress them!
* Temporary files created while compressing are now stored in a dedicated subdirectory of system temporary directory. This subdirectory is flushed and deleted as soon as composing dialog is closed (when message is sent or dialog is closed).
* For TB >= v5, the addon installation files are not unpacked anymore in extensions directory.
* bugfix: The addon crashed when undoing compression of archives containing one or several files which are also individually attached.
* bugfix: The addon crashed when using source filename filtering with regular expressions enabled and the renaming pattern contains an invalid regular expression.
* bugfix: Some attached files were not removed when doing a global compression with 10 attached files or more.