To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
|User since||May 7, 2007|
|Number of add-ons developed||0 add-ons|
|Average rating of developer's add-ons||Rated 4 out of 5 stars|
Brlliantly simple addon, but really rather useful. Installs and runs fine in Mac OS X on FX 3.0
Couple of possible suggestions to improve:
1) Once you start to get over 14 tabs, each tab size is so small that the "1# " text actually takes up a little bit too much room. Consider removing the # symbol if tabs>14, or leave out completely.
2) Instead of above, maybe place the "1# " text instead of the close tabs image, which is only useful when mousing over. Bit if css trickery to have number normally, x button on hover?
Aside from that, great work!
Contrary to some reviewers, I would suggest that you do not add a button to the statusbar, as I have always felt that the statusbar is best left for notifications/status updates but yes, a toolbar button and/or hotkey would be good.
I note you send an xmlhttprequest, and although you state you do not collect information on your blog, I am a little nervous why you do this - perhaps a n00b explanation to stop concerned users such as myself, and in particular you really need to add a prvacy statement through AMO?
I was looking forward to trying this one as it looks very useful. However, I tried a couple of name changes or rearrangements and they didn't seem to take effect (Mac OS X, Fx 3.0 with nothing in Error Console to give a clue).
I was unsure about some of the other functionality - if you could please provide a web page (or help html file within the extension) rather than the limited examples you give in the description I'll definitely come back and try this one again.
Good idea in concept, but could do with a little refining in places. A few constructive points for future development:
1) On a few pages I tried, it seemed to be picking up a lot of blank.gif images, or at least that what I am assuming as the dialog only had one image to download but a lot of checkboxes.
2) Also, although totally ok with promotion, the label of "CouponSmarter Images Batch Downloader" in the tools menu is a bit long winded.
3) Consider adding a context menu entry and toolbar button, rather than restricting to the tools menu alone.
4) Finally, I could not get this to work on Mac OS X in Firefox 3.0.
Keep up the good work.
Excellent addon, well done.
I've dropped a star as I think the UI needs a little tweaking (positioned by screen x/y rather than browser. Pink and yellow text, blue border on a black background doesn't work for me) and would like to see the ability to rank actions (eg 'm' now occupies the spot for map, but what if I use m for something else and rarely use m for map, I would like to be able to rank the two 'm's differently).
Keep up the great work, looking forward to this one becoming part of Firefox 4!
Tested on Mac OSX 10.4, Firefox 126.96.36.199
No errors found in chrome using Console2. No apparent security or privacy issues detected.
Works as advertised on characters I tried, although could not get the extension to encode html strings eg change & to amp (maybe not supposed to do that per se??). Would second other reviews about a slightly unusual UI. Would recommend developer passes the 'centerscreen' flag in the open dialog function.
Would be happy to see this released as is, but would benefit from SLIGHT tweaking as described above.