Be careful with old versions!
These versions are displayed for reference and testing purposes. You should always use the latest version of an add-on.
* Update checkloc library to import behaviour fix, so Perspectives will build again with all tests intact. Fix for behaviour change in lxml 3.5.0 (GH #166)
* Fix several bugs that violate the AMO review policy so we can continue to deploy client updates through addons.mozilla.org:
* Move initialization script to separate file rather than holding the code inline (GH #162)
* Fix initial setup to add Perspectives button to the correct place (GH #161)
* Fix addProgressListener usage (GH #103 )
* Remove synchronous call to nsIDNSService.resolve() (GH #160)
Fixes mainly based on patches submitted by Alexey V., with slight modifications.
* Fill in CHANGELOG history from versions before 4.3
+ Update checkloc library to v2.1. Many new tests including checking string substitutions inside .properties files
* Fix incorrect string substitution in zh-CN localization (caught by the new checkloc test)
* Move all external libraries to a clear 'extlib' folder; denote licenses
* Remove unused preference 'perspectives.svg'
+ Add Perspectives logo image to help page
* Convert translation file to markdown format
+ Unlock the 'About' dialog
* Fix some test data, fix tests, add new tests for client policy code
* Add a way to distinguish test setup from the tests themselves
* Add sanity check for inconsistency function so max_timespan cannot be larger than check length
+ Add link to translation instructions from About dialog
* Add Preferences GUI input validation to 'mix' and 'max' quorum threshold
+ Add option to contact notaries when in private browsing (off by default)
+ Expose timeout duration and number of query retries as a user preference
+ Expose maximum caching duration as a user preference
+ Improve whitelist interface:
* Convert whitelist textfield into a table with columns
+ Domain column is sortable
+ Regexes can be clicked and edited
+ Whitelist entries can be clicked to activate or deactivate
+ Table supports multi row selection and removal
+ Added localizations (en, de) for columns and remove button
* Highly visible notifications when certificates fail (multiple certificates, one not recently seen; multiple certificates)
* Extract remaining hardcoded strings for localization
* Some German (de) localization fixes
* Convert some alerts to Perspectives wrapped alerts
* Prevent the addition of duplicate notaries
* Correctly detected and set status for "quorum not reached" in non-english languages.
* Temporarily remove all 'Report Attack' functionality, until the feature is fixed
* Check if result signature and timestamps are correct when processing notary results, and visually mark as red if either is incorrect
* Warn on mismatching notary public keys
+ Remove red from color result keys, as it's now used for "invalid signature"
+ Display required quorum duration in notary results
* Rescue the svg/image test page
+ Convert README to markdown file
+ Add more info in README on how to debug and test
+ Draw stale-limit line across notary results
* Remove use of base64.js; entirely replaced by internal browser functions
+ Visually indicate cached results in the results dialog
+ Visually indicate whitelisted entries with a different icon
* Clean up unit tests so many tests are more clear, better organized, and/or easier to maintain
* Refactor test file so more tests can be run without installing the extension (i.e. separate chrome-dependent functionality from non-chrome-dependent functionality)
* Many areas of code cleanup (add hasOwnProperty checks; fix === checks)
* Fix typos and whitespace in localization files
* Fix unit tests to use === instead of ==
* Fix return value for get_quorum_duration(). Fixing the tests in the previous item exposed this bug.
* Fix use of quorum_size for key_weakly_seen_by_quorum(). It's actually used now. (GH 89)
* Fix the tooltip used by Perspectives icon during location changes (GH 112)
* Fix icon status for location change events - only set the icon spinning for https sites (GH 113)
* Fix call to XMLHttpRequest constructor to use 'new' - compatability fix for the upcoming Firefox 30 (GH 108)
* Update German translations (thanks Patrick!)
* Unlock Dutch and Finnish translations (thanks Alf and Ville!). These translations are not fully complete, but enabling them at least lets people see *some* text in their desired language.
* Remove perspectives1.networknotary.org from the set of default notaries. This notary needs to be upgraded before it can be used full-time.
* Fix the 'Learn More' button (thanks to Jens for the bug report!) (GH 100)
* Fix text display in results window for pages with insecure content
* Grey-out the default notary textbox to indicate it cannot be edited
* Refactor unit tests: unit test js file is now optionally installed with the rest of the extension (this makes it run properly under newer versions of Firefox) (GH 74)
* Remove several global variables; convert to local with 'var'
* Add new whitelist icon (image file added, but code not hooked up yet)
* Minor improvements to the makefile formatting and output
* When sending requeries, only send to notaries that haven't yet replied
* Make the Preferences and Report Attack windows resizable
* In the Preferences window, set proper default height and width for Notary Server textboxes
* In the Results window, expand the results textbox vertically to fill available space
+ Fill in missing strings for (zh-CN). Many more thanks to our translators!
- Add Perspectives icons to alt-tab
- Display key age
- Several UI Improvements
- Several bug fixes
See http://perspectives-project.org/blog/ for details