To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
Be careful with old versions!
These versions are displayed for reference and testing purposes. You should always use the latest version of an add-on.
- Fixes issue where PDF files generated from a POST request are not processed properly (e.g. broken dynamic PDFs)
- Filenames specified in content-disposition header are now retained
Better PDF to HTML - Convert PDF files on the Web to HTML faster and more reliably.
Cleaner interface - Customize PDF Download faster with easier to use options.
Wider support - Use PDF Download 2.0 with all the major Mozilla-powered browsers, including Firefox 2/3 and Flock 1.x.
- Added support for Firefox 3.0
- Added language support for da-DK, sr-YU, sl-SI locales
- Fixed Bug 1873424: added support for links in the Yahoo search results.
- Added support for links having leading white spaces.
- Fixed incompatibility with TinyMenu extension that was preventing to hide the item from Firefox Tools menu.
- Fixed a bug on the options window: the check for the option set was done against the old preference saved instead of the one selected in the window.
- Extension has been updated with branding and text updates reflecting the new owners of PDF Download (Nitro PDF Software).
- Fixed sk-SK and am-HY localization problem occurring with Microsoft Vista.
- Fixed regression introduced in 0.9.3 regarding some localization.
- Added functionality to remove automatically the temporary files created by PDF Download. When you choose to open a PDF directly with the viewer, PDF Download downloads the PDF file into a temporary directory and then open it with your viewer. From now on, PDF Download will remove such temporary files the day after they have been downloaded. Doing this, you will avoid to have bunch of unused pdf files stored in a temporary directory of your file system.
- Changed the size of option and popup window to do not use pixels but ex units. The size is specified in the locale dtd to avoid problems of visualization in some languages.
- Fixed small bug in the PDF Download option dialog: with the previous code it was possible to close the window with a wrong filename set in the options.
- Fixed bug about the file size displayed in the popup dialog in case the size is between 1000 and 1024 byte or KB.
- Fixed size issue for the option window: now it should be always displayed with the proper size.
- Fixed a regression introduced with v0.9 regarding the open PDF feature: url with parameters where not handled properly and there was an error trying to save such links.
- Added default option values.
v0.9.0 : 2007-08-25
- Fixed major issue in Mac OS: now the open PDF with an external viewer works fine.
- Added support for local PDF files.
- Added support for local files.
- Fixed bug about URL, sent to the conversion mirrors, that contains special characters.
- Fixed the detection of default PDF viewer: now it works also in Linux. The same work-around used in the Firefox Download Manager, has been implemented.
- Introduced the possibility to type by hand the path of custom viewer: it is also possible to write just the name of the file
(and not the absolute path) if the directory containing that file is defined in the PATH environment variable.
- Added icon in the Tools menu item.
- Added the possibility to enable/disable the tooltips of the popup dialog box.
- Fixed some localization
- Added the feature "Bypass PDF Download" to give to the user the chance to open a PDF without PDF Download. This feature can be
used pressing CTRL-SHIFT when a PDF link is clicked or choosing the relative button on the PDF Download popup dialog.