To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
Firebug extension to save the CSS files edited with firebug live to your web server. That makes Firebug become the first remote-save live-preview CSS editor and allows ultra-fast webdesign and prototyping.
About this Add-on
FireFile remembers all modifications done to a website (all modified css rules) and allows you to save them directly to your (local or remote) web server, which means that the changes will be publically applied.
IMPORTANT: Please always back-up your css- files, and don't use this extension in a productive environment
Please click through the screenshots for an installation guide
How FireFile works (also see screenshots)
- A server-side php script (one file) get's uploaded to your webserver
- Opening the script with your browser links FireFile with the remote script
- From now on, FireFile remembers CSS- Changes while you work with Firebug
- Thenever you click on "save changes" (blue up arrow), FireFile sends the modified CSS- Sheet to your webserver by communicating with the server- side script firefile.php, which consequently updates your stylesheet on your server
- To verify the remote saving, just reload the page. The changes are now live... neat!
For any questions, feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
** Fixed bug that caused firefile not to register sites if the addon bar icon was not added
** Implemented FireFile Webservice feature
The Development Channel lets you test an experimental new version of this add-on before it's released to the general public. Once you install the development version, you will continue to get updates from this channel. To stop receiving development updates, reinstall the default version from the link above.
Caution: Development versions of this add-on have not been reviewed by Mozilla.
- Version 0.8.4: