Be careful with old versions!
These versions are displayed for reference and testing purposes. You should always use the latest version of an add-on.
* Added save indicator in prefs, to reduce confusion if prefs were actually saved.
* Various smaller tweaks.
* re-enable custom URL support by requesting all-urls permission from the browser.
Plus small bugfixes.
* re-enabled goo.gl shortener (generate your own API key for free with Google)
* multiprocess compatible
* (soon) available for Chrome AND Firefox
* adding Chinese translation
Thanks to meteormatt for both!
* Remove Google Analytics tracking tokens (?utm_*) from URLs by default.
* Fallback to Facebook OpenGraph URL if no canonical URL is present.
* Shorten allegedly "short" URLs if they are longer than 30 characters (configurable).
* Right click on link -> Copy ShortURL for this link
* Toolbar button added (can be enabled in preferences).
Also, this version is built with "jpm" and has a new icon.
- asynchronous requests, which should be friendly towards performance
- localization! Initial set of languages: en-US, de, es-ES, fr, rm, uk, zh-CN. Contribution of additional languages appreciated: The code is on github.
- New hotkey: Press CMD/Ctrl+Shift+L to make a short URL without using your mouse. Thanks to canuckistani for the contribution!
The add-on is also repackaged with Add-on SDK 1.15, which allows it to work again with the latest Firefox versions.
Supported shortening services out of the box: is.gd, tinyurl.com, goo.gl.
Custom shortening services are still supported: Just enter your custom URL in that preferences window.
- Growl notifications when copying a URL. You'll see if a short URL was found or created, and what URL it is. If you don't have Growl (or if your platform does not support it), a 10-second information bar is shown instead.
- Switch to is.gd as default service, because it's shorter than tinyurl.
- User-definable short-URL service URL. (Use tinyURL, bit.ly or your own shortening service!) For more information, take a look at the README file.