Mozilla's "Pick of the Month" for May 2015.
Saves selected text to a file in a directory (defaulting to the user's home directory).
After highlighting some text, right-click and select "Save Text to File".
File names have the format "userPreference--<todaysDate>-<timestamp>.txt"Features:
- Add date to saved file name
- Add time to saved file name
- Add date to the beginning of saved text
- Add time to the beginning of saved text
- Add a line separator to the file before saved text
- Various date formats to choose from
- Save current URL in file
- Text encoded using UTF-8 (Unicode) so all international characters can be stored correctly
- Show/hide widget icon
- Ability to either append text to existing file or create a new file
- Optional preference confirmation panel triggered when Save Text to File is clicked
- Option to save selected html text
- Can edit text before savingLocalization:
English (en-US), Chinese (zh-CN), French (fr), German (de), Japanese (ja), Polish (pl), Russian (ru) and Spanish (es-ES) Demohttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4zQGVLfm7oOpen source:
Released under GNU GPL v3 license ..https://github.com/bobbyrne01/save-text-to-file-firefoxPre addon SDK migration
If you have Firefox 2.0 to Firefox 19.0 or SeaMonkey 2.0 and later, use this release:https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/save-text-to-file/versions/?page=1#version-1.1.5