Be careful with old versions!
These versions are displayed for reference and testing purposes. You should always use the latest version of an add-on.
* Option to "disable dns prefetch on startup" didn't work reliably (thanks, Archaeopteryx, for reporting this)
* Updated locales.
More info: https://www.requestpolicy.com/version/0.5.18
* "disable dns prefetch on startup" doesn't work (https://www.requestpolicy.com/dev/ticket/171)
* Updated locales
Revisions since 0.5.17a1: r382 through r388
Tickets since 0.5.17a1: #140, #155, #57, progress on #29, progress on #154
Tickets: #25 #84 #134 #76 #118 #144 #145 #150 #47 #87 #93 #146
* Updates or fresh installs of RequestPolicy on Firefox 4.0b7 would cause RequestPolicy to break due to installed extension XPIs not being extracted anymore.
* The openDialog wrapper had a latent bug triggered on Firefox 4.0b7 that (at a minimum) caused certain dialog windows from the addons manager to not open.
Extension conflicts resolved:
* RequestPolicy would block some requests where HTTPS Everywhere had changed the destination URL. Thanks to Peter, Mike, and Seth of HTTPS Everywhere for talking about, following up on, and applying the HTTPS Everywhere patch that corresponds to these RequestPolicy changes. That patch is applied in HTTPS Everywhere version 0.2.3.development.2.
* Fix error in openDialog wrapper. https://www.requestpolicy.com/dev/ticket/143
* Upgrades of RP and fresh installations on Firefox 4.0b7+ caused RP to break.
* Link clicks that had their destination modified by HTTPS Everywhere were blocked. This conflict is resolved when using HTTPS Everywhere version 0.2.3.development.2+.
* Lots of fixes to support Firefox 4 beta (currently supported: 4.0b5pre).
* Request Log context menu added which allows copying and opening URLs from the log. Thanks to Brad Horrocks!
* docShell.allowMetaRedirects not respected for same-site meta refreshes
More info: https://www.requestpolicy.com/dev/query?group=status&milestone=0.5.15
* Some user-allowed redirections failed in Firefox 4. (https://www.requestpolicy.com/dev/ticket/107)
* https://www.requestpolicy.com/dev/ticket/71 (Thanks to Brad Horrocks!)
* https://www.requestpolicy.com/dev/ticket/86 (Thanks to Brad Horrocks!)
* Don't force allowed redirects. This allows other redirect-related settings to be respected. (https://www.requestpolicy.com/dev/ticket/23 and https://www.requestpolicy.com/dev/ticket/110)
* Refresh headers that specified delay seconds were blocked.
* Redirects from privileged code were blocked (this fixes blocking of some Adblock Plus subscription updates as well as live bookmarks that redirect). Thanks to Wladimir Palant for the solution to this.
* User-allowed redirects blocked in Firefox 3.7a5pre and SeaMonkey 2.1a.
* Minor speed improvements.
* Added new translations: eo, sv-SE, zh-TW.
More details at https://www.requestpolicy.com/dev/milestone/0.5.14
* Added option in Preferences > Advanced to allow persistent whitelisting while in private browsing mode.
* Added option in Preferences > Advanced to disable auto-reload of pages.
* The request log has an informational message when it's empty (to decrease user confusion over the empty log).
* Individual file:// urls were treated as separate origins/destinations.
* Internationalized Domain Names (IDNs) were not supported (thanks emk!).
More details: https://www.requestpolicy.com/dev/milestone/0.5.13
* Fix recently introduced bug that broke RequestPolicy functionality when viewing sites that use IP addresses for hostnames while using "base domain" strictness. (Thanks emk.)