To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
About this Add-on
Due to limitations in the new WebExtensions programming interface, I had to make the following changes:
- Local ebooks can now only be opened via the EPUBReader toolbar button. Opening from file explorer via doubleclick or via the Firefox menu "File/File open" no longer works.
- The private library no longer exists. If you want to export your ebooks which were stored in the library, please install the Library Exporter Add-on.
If you click on a link to an ePub file, you are normally prompted with the Firefox save dialog.
With EPUBReader installed, you don't see the dialog. EPUBReader downloads the file, makes some processing and displays the ePub file ready to read! If you have got already downloaded ePub-files, you can read them by clicking on the EPUBReader toolbar button.
If you experience any problems, please let me know, I'm very happy to help you. Please contact me via the link of my support-website.
- Ebooks with XML errors couldn't be displayed.
- Some pages were displayed partially with wrong formatting.
- In some cases in preferences dialog background and font color were not changed.
- In some cases an epub link was falsely redirected to EPUBReader.
- In some cases SVG images were displayed distorted.
The Development Channel lets you test an experimental new version of this add-on before it's released to the general public. Once you install the development version, you will continue to get updates from this channel. To stop receiving development updates, reinstall the default version from the link above.
Caution: Development versions of this add-on have not been reviewed by Mozilla.
- Version 2.0.5b1