To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
Cookie Monster 126.96.36.199 Requires Restart
Cookie Monster provides proactive cookie management on a site or domain level basis, including 3rd party cookies. Via the Toolbar, it provides easy access to enhanced cookie functionality, while doing so in a non-intrusive manner.
About this Add-on
Cookie Monster Features
- Temporary Permission for sites to leave cookies (permission removed and cookies deleted for site with temporary permission upon restart of Firefox)
- Options to set general Firefox setting to block all cookies or to block 3rd Party Cookies
- Menu options to view cookies for current site or all sites
- A panel indicating the current status of cookies for the current site and domain appears while hovering over the cookie status indicating icon in the status bar
- Third Party Cookie management
- Functionality to Override Global Cookie Permissions on a per-site basis (this functionality is for a known problem with the DOM property navigator.cookieEnabled). In essence, if choosing "Accept Cookies ...." or "Accept Session Cookies...." for a site does not seem to work, this functionality may help and it may help with those sites requiring 3rd party cookies).
General Notes for ALL users:
Please note whether you have the Cookie Monster Option 'Use Second Level Domain Names' checked, because this dictates if cookie permissions are monitored and changed for the full domain name or the base domain name (e.g. www.mozilla.org or mozilla.org).
As always, if you are having issues with Cookie Monster, I encourage you to send me an email with as many details as possible, including Firefox version, Cookie Monster version, operating system, upgrade or clean install, and other Add-Ons you have installed. I will do my best to help resolve the issue.
NOTICE: With Firefox removing support for XUL-based extensions, Cookie Monster will no longer function when version 57 of FF is released. There are already some instances where certain aspects of Cookie Monster do not always work with the latest version of FF, such as e10s and displaying list of cookies for a site.
At this point, I cannot say if a web extension version of Cookie Monster will be released, or if it will even be possible.
Thank you for considering Cookie Monster.