Be careful with old versions!
These versions are displayed for reference and testing purposes. You should always use the latest version of an add-on.
removed: Some obsolete code
- fixed: BetterPrivacy edit protection list function removes exclusions
- fixed: BetterPrivacy supporting FF versions >= 10
- fixed: BetterPrivacy ignores time range if removing usual cookies
- fixed: Incompatibility with some add-ons and probably other reported issues that could not be confirmed in tests
- fixed: If editing protected paths with auto-escaping disabled, BetterPrivacy still escapes on FF start
- fixed: Danish locale (da)
- namespace and security improvements according to latest Mozilla guidelines
- updated LSO footprint and hash-algorithm (LSO detection module)
- added classifier information for settings-/default- and local LSO types
- updated FAQ
- removed: for FF >= v.4.0: DOM storage deletion (use clear private data instead; caveat: see MDN - Storage location and clearing the data<br>
- note: I appreciate that LSO's soon can be removed by the new native Firefox API since bug 508167 has been fixed, see bug 508167<br>
- bugfix: Checking the box Don't ask again on quitting Firefox had no effect
- bugfix: Add LSO item to Firefox history settings had no effect
-Thanks to the amazing work of the BabelZilla team I could add the first 10 locales (translations),
- added german locale
-Improved cookie-folder detection algorithm (should work perfectly for all systems)
+Added: Betterprivacy checks for valid Flash data folder path and warns if it is invalid
+Added: If delete all LSO's is pressed, the LSO manager asks if protected objects should be excluded.
+LSO Manager also shows modification time of cookies
+Cookie counter is cumulative now
+Added auto-deletion on application exit (new default)
+User now is asked if a cookie is about to be deleted (new installations only and can be disabled)
+Improved compatibility with Linux and Mac systems (missing Ok-button)
+Improved detection of default cookie
+Converted preferences from objection namespace to BetterPrivacy
+Wrapped some loose variables, code cleanup
Just to be sure - added safety measures to prevent interactions with FF's profile folder.