Acerca de mí
|Usuario desde||May 8, 2013|
|Número de complementos desarrollados||0 complementos|
|Calificación media de los complementos del desarrollador||Sin puntuar aún|
Con un poco más de detalle...
Fourth Amendment to the United States Constitution --
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
Excellent Puntuado con 5 de 5 estrellas
Thanks for about:addons-memory 2016.
It is an excellent tool for users who want
to know how much memory each of their
add-ons is using. FF 46.01
Preeminent Puntuado con 5 de 5 estrellas
Outstanding. One of finest add-ons in FF history.
Been using CTR for years. Suggestion for new users:
CTR ▸ Preferences ▸ General UI (1) ▸ ' ✓ Old search'
FF 46.0, FF ESR 38.8.0
Please re-enable BP for users who need to use the functional features in BP Puntuado con 5 de 5 estrellas
BP was working fine in Mac OS X before Mozilla disabled BP in FF 42. Please do not throw out the baby with the bath water. Please do not close down John F. Kennedy International Airport and cancel all flights because one public bathroom in the JFK airport is temporarily out of service due to plumbing repairs. All or most of the 586,610 FF users who use BP probably know or should know how to click the FF/Preferences/Advanced/Network/Clear Now button or how to use other simple methods to clear the FF cache. Please do not deprive all BP users of the other powerful features in BP just because BP temporarily is unable able to clear the FF cache for apparently one or some, but not all, BP users. No FF user needs to use BP in order to clear the FF cache. However, all BP users do need BP to be able to use all of the other features in BP, which were all working before Mozilla disabled BP in FF 42.
Platform: FF 42.0, Mac OS X 10.8.5
Essential And Powerful Ghostery Blocks Unwanted Trackers Puntuado con 5 de 5 estrellas
Ghostery is one of the best and most powerful Firefox extensions. It blocks unwanted tracking. It is not a memory hog. It will not cause your computer to run slower. The excellent Firefox extension about:addons-memory reveals that Ghostery uses only 5.41 MB of memory on my computer. After Ghostery installation and after a Ghostery update or upgrade, be sure to open Firefox/about:addons/Preferences and, beneath the following tabs, configure the Ghostery settings:
• General/Whitelisted Sites
• Beneath the General tab, click the Save button.
• Advanced tab
• Beneath the Advanced tab, click the Save button.
Platform: Ghostery 5.4.8, Firefox 40.0.3
ONE OF THE BEST OF THE BEST, INDESPENSABLE, BRAVOS FOR SDC Puntuado con 5 de 5 estrellas
SDC is a powerful and essential add-on for users who greatly value their privacy and do not like sites to track them. User Tip: don't make the same mistake I made. If a user configures 'Firefox/Preferences/Privacy/Always use private browsing mode', the SDC icon will disappear and will not be available until the user disables '/Always use private browsing mode'. SDC is one of the best of the best Firefox add-ons.
My recommendation for other SDC users:
On the SDC home page: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/self-destructing-cookies/, read the last paragraph about the SDC Hidden Setting in the section ABOUT THIS ADD-ON/FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS. The SDC Hidden Setting expands the effectiveness and capabilities of SDC immensely. I always have used the Hidden Setting during the entire 2-year period that I have been using SDC. The Hidden Setting function is EXCELLENT.
CONTENT OF LAST PARAGRAPH IN FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS --
Q: I have configured Firefox to block all cookies by default. Can I still use SDC?
A: There is an unsupported hidden setting that changes the behaviour of the "yellow" whitelist level from allow-for-session to allow-while-open. To enable it, create a boolean key in your about:config named "extensions.jid0-9XfBwUWnvPx4wWsfBWMCm4Jj69E@jetpack.defaultBlock" (without the quotes), set it to true and restart your browser. You can now use the "yellow" setting for sites whose cookies you would like to accept, but still have them self-destruct. I provide this on a "should work" basis, meaning that I depend on bug reports from you and don't do in-depth testing of this mode myself.
Platform: SDC 0.4.7.1-Signed, Firefox 39.0, Mac OS X 10.8.5
Excellent! RP is now compatible with FF 38.0.1 Puntuado con 5 de 5 estrellas
This advanced user sorely missed the outstanding benefits of RP during the temporary interval when it was unavailable because it was incompatible with FF 38.0. Welcome back RP.Este usuario tiene 2 valoraciones anteriores de este complemento.
Waiting for new version that has passed Mozilla Full Review and is compatible with Firefox 38.0.1 Puntuado con 5 de 5 estrellas
Since RequestPolicy is not compatible with FF 38.0.1, I hope the developer releases an update or upgrade as soon as possible that will pass the Mozilla Full Review process and will be fully compatible with Firefox 38.0.1. Another reviewer recommended uMatrix 0.9.11 as a RequestPolicy replacement, but uMatrix 0.9.11 has not passed the Mozilla Full Review. Another reviewer recommended RequestPolicy Continued 0.5.29b4, but it too has not passed the Mozilla Full Review. RequestPolicy 0.5.28 appears to remain compatible with Firefox ESR 31.7.0.Este usuario tiene otras valoraciones de este complemento.
How to defeat the persistent google.com PREF cookie Puntuado con 5 de 5 estrellas
SDC is outstanding, but it cannot block the google.com PREF cookie. However, I used a method to remove and defeat the google.com PREF cookie, which prevents the PREF cookie from repeatedly and persistently reinstalling after each time a user removes it.
Platform: Firefox 35.0.1 and Firefox 31.4.0esr, Mac OS X 10.8.5
On 02/14/2015, this worked for me. The google.com PREF cookie did not return after I removed the cookie and took the following additional steps:
1) Open Firefox/Preferences/Privacy/Show Cookies/Cookies and remove all google.com cookies.
2) In Firefox/Preferences/Security, deselect "Block reported attack site" and "Block reported web forgeries".
3) When a user selects those settings, the google.com PREF cookie will reinstall in the browser after the user removes the PREF cookie.
4) Quit and close Firefox. This is a necessary step. Otherwise the remaining steps will fail to prevent the googl.com PREF cookie from reinstalling in your browser after you remove the cookie.
5) Open ~/Library/Application Support/Firefox/Profiles/[current Firefox profile folder name such as 9skvsz0g.default-1402623486951, or whatever is the folder name]/cookies.sqlite
6) Drag the "cookies.sqlite" file to the Trash folder. Every conventional cookie in your browser is in that file. You will lose all of those cookies until such time your browser installs them again, except the google.com PREF cookie will not return.
7) Restart Firefox.
8) Firefox automatically will generate in the Profile Folder a new "cookies.sqlite" file in place of the file you put in the Trash folder. The file will not contain the PREF cookie.
9) Before you delete the "cookie.sqlite" file that is in the Trash folder, you can prove that the "cookie.sqlite" file contains the google.com PREF cookie.
10) All *.sqlite files are text files. Right click the "cookies.sqlite" file that is the the Trash folder and chose "Open with TextEdit.app" or any other text editor application.
11) Read the text in the "cookies.sqlite" file.
12) The text "google.com PREFID" will be present somewhere in the long list of characters in the file.
13) The new "cookies.sqlite" file that replaced the offending file will not have the google.com PREF cookie in it.
14) The google.com PREF cookie will not return to the "cookies.sqlite" file unless you select "Block reported attack site" and "Block reported web forgeries" in Firefox/Preferences/Security.
Does anyone else have this problem or its solution? Puntuado con 5 de 5 estrellas
Thanks to suggestion from developer Ove, I removed the "permissions.sqlite" file from my Firefox Profile Folder, which resolved the issue about SDC not working in Firefox 35.0.1 because the file was damaged.Esta valoración es de una versión anterior del complemento (0.4.7.1-signed). Este usuario tiene otras valoraciones de este complemento.
Puntuado con 1 de 5 estrellas
The precursor of Blur, DoNotTrackMe, was excellent. This new iteration, Blur, is invasive, is a nuisance, and causes headaches. If your aim is simply to block trackers, Ghostery is best. It reliably blocks trackers and info-harvesting cookies, and it causes no headaches. Firefox 35.0, Mac OS X 10.8.5Esta valoración es de una versión anterior del complemento (4.5.1334.1-signed). Este usuario tiene una valoración anterior de este complemento.
Puntuado con 1 de 5 estrellas
Privacy Badger causes browser to run slow and hang. Firefox 34, Privacy Badger Firefox 0.2.5, Mac OS X 10.8.5Esta valoración es de una versión anterior del complemento (0.1.4). Este usuario tiene 3 valoraciones anteriores de este complemento.
A better life on the web Puntuado con 5 de 5 estrellas
Outstanding, excellent, marvelous, extraordinary, splendid, remarkable, top notch. Life on the web is better with Tab Mix Plus.
TMP 0.4.1.5.2, FF 34.05
Into the sunlight and taking wing Puntuado con 5 de 5 estrellas
In the old days, I did not use Firefox. One day, I used Firefox for the first time. It was like stepping out of the shadows into the sunlight, and I never looked back. One day, I used Classic Theme Restorer for the first time. It was like taking wing and flying in the sunlight. Classic Theme Restorer gives wings to Firefox. I love flying. I love Classic Theme Restorer. CTR rocks!
CTR 126.96.36.199, FF 34.05
Privacy Badger Firefox 0.2.5 at eff.org/privacybadger Puntuado con 5 de 5 estrellas
Installed Privacy Badger Firefox 0.2.5. No issues so far. Will continue to monitor. Platform: FF 34.05, Mac OS 10.8.5Esta valoración es de una versión anterior del complemento (0.1.4). Este usuario tiene otras valoraciones de este complemento.
Removed Privacy Badger due to browser hangs, computer hangs, and more Puntuado con 1 de 5 estrellas
Platform: Firefox 34.05, Privacy Badger Firefox 0.2.4, Mac OS 10.8.5 --
On 12/16/14, downloaded Privacy Badger Firefox 0.2.4 from eff.org/privacybadger, and, for one day, all was AOK. However, beginning on day two, many of my regular web sites loaded very slowly. Firefox was unable to connect properly to abc.ca.gov and many other web sites. Firefox was unable to display properly the page content on many sites. Then, Firefox froze - I could not Quit Firefox, and I could not Force Quit Firefox. Computer froze, and I was unable to shut down the computer by clicking on Shut Down. Had to do a manual power button shut down of computer and re-started computer. After disabling Privacy Badger, Firefox now is loading all web pages quickly, Firefox is displaying properly page content on all sites, and Firefox is connecting quickly to ca.abc.gov and all sites. Firefox and computer are not locking up any more. All is AOK after disabling Privacy Badger. Removed Privacy Badger.
Friendly message for Toolman Joe and all disgruntled Blur users... Puntuado con 1 de 5 estrellas
Blur created recurring issues and nagging headaches for me, too. I resolved the issues by making some specific changes in Blur options and settings, which I describe herein. I hope that users who are as frustrated and disgusted with Blur as I was will find the following information useful to help to resolve any recurring issues and nagging headaches in Blur:
(1) Click the Blur toolbar button to open the Blur menu, which contains the following six options:
(e) Mobile app
(f) Backup and Sync
(2) In turn, click each option to open its corresponding window or panel.
(3) If a button or other control allows you to turn off the option, turn it off if you do not want or do not need to use the option, but do not turn off the TRACKING option. Leave it in the on/green setting.
(4) After confirming and/or changing the settings in the six aforementioned options, click the blue Settings link at the bottom of the Blur menu to open the Settings menu.
(5) In the Settings menu, the following two sections appear:
(a) GLOBAL DEFAULTS
(6) The GLOBAL DEFAULTS section contains 4 settings:
(a) Don't track my browsing
(b) Don't track my email
(c) Don't track my credit card
(d) Don't track my phone
(7) Hover your pointer over each instance of (INFO) or (info) to open the corresponding pop up panel that describes the purpose of each setting. Decide whether you want or need to make the setting active. If you do not need it, turn it off.
(8) A slider symbol appears to the right of each one of the four settings. A round shape appears inside each slider symbol.
(9) Hover your pointer over the slider. If the round shape is on the right side of the slider, the slider will display the color green, which will indicate that the setting is in the ON position.
(10) If the round shape is on the left side of the slider when you hover your pointer over the slider, the color red will display, which indicates the setting is Off.
(11) Click each slider to change the setting to green/on or red/off.
(12) If you do not want or do not need to use the (b), (c), and (d) settings in line (6) above, click the slider to set each one to red/off, but do not turn off the setting (a) Don't track my browsing. Leave Don't track my browsing in the green/on position.
(13) In the Settings window, look at the PREFERENCES section, which contains a column of nine settings. Scroll down the column to see all nine settings.
(14) Hover your pointer over each (info) link to read a description of each setting.
(15) Click the circle that appears on the left side of each one of the nine settings to remove or add a checkmark inside the circle. If you do not want or do not need that setting to be in the on/active state, click the circle to remove the checkmark.
(16) At the bottom of the column of nine settings, the following two settings might be the source of headaches for some Blur users:
(a) Auto fill masked emails for logins
(b) Suggest auto-filling addresses
(17) Uncheck the aforementioned two settings unless you know that you want or need those settings to be in the on/active state.
(18) Close the Settings window.
Hopefully, these options and settings changes will resolve the recurring issues and nagging headaches that you have had with Blur.
Please include more Usage and Settings information for this add-on Puntuado con 3 de 5 estrellas
Good add-on, which would rate 5 Stars if more usage and settings information were available. Please include more information in the Open Profile Folder 1.3.3 section. Please use English language in the image that appears in the middle section. Please include more Open Profile Folder, Usage, and Settings information in the About this Add-on section. Please use English language for all information that appears when a user clicks the Add-on home page link. Thank youEste usuario tiene una valoración anterior de este complemento.
Privacy Badger is not compatible with Firefox 33.1.1 Puntuado con 1 de 5 estrellas
Privacy Badger button appears nowhere in the Firefox Toolbar, nowhere in the Firefox Add-on Bar, and nowhere in the Firefox / View / Toolbars / Customize / Additional Tools and Features window. A Privacy Badger menu with red, yellow, or green sliders appears nowhere in the browser to indicate whether Privacy Badger is functioning. I removed Privacy Badger, which is not ready for use in FF 34.0. I tried to use Privacy Badger several months ago, but removed it because it did not function properly in Firefox.Esta valoración es de una versión anterior del complemento (0.1.4).
Essential add-on Puntuado con 5 de 5 estrellas
TMP is one of the best FF add-ons. It saves me much time when FF connects to the web. TMP is one of my 21 essential add-ons.
Platform: FF 34.0, Tab Mix Plus 0.4.1.5.2
Indespensable Puntuado con 5 de 5 estrellas
FEBE is an indispensable extension. FEBE will restore bookmarks, extensions, search plugins, preferences, permissions, and more in about 2 seconds if you make a mistake or technical issues have deleted, or corrupted your Firefox data. The built-in information files are clear and comprehensive. 110%, A++. Great job, Chuck!
Platform: FF 34.0, FEBE 8.0.5
Para crear tu propia colección, debes tener una cuenta de Mozilla Add-ons.