Silently breaks Puntuado con 1 de 5 estrellas
Compared to UnMHT, this is alpha software. MAF breaks frequently, corrupting your files. Saving often produces 0 byte files, silently. Conversion from maff to complete html frequently breaks, silently (and sometimes reliably too, reddit webpages never convert). A while back, Save Image As broke, silently, when Firefox updated, even though Save Image As seemingly has nothing to do with MAF.
Every break has one shared feature: it's always silent. Your backups will be corrupted and you won't have any idea because MAF never raises errors. You have to manually inspect every download to make sure it's ok. If you are a MAF user, you should go to your backup folder now and redownload all the 0-byte files, they'll be there.
Plus, MAF saves an information bar and icons by default. Once again, this is a problem that you won't discover until you manually inspect your backups.
In short, MAF has three problems:
1. the developer doesn't test his addon with Firefox pre-release, so the users are QA, experiencing every problem caused by Firefox updates. A major break appears once every 2 Firefox versions, under which a broad selection of backups will fail entirely.
2. breaks are always silent, the addon never throws errors, instead silently corrupting your backups. This makes 1) a big problem, because backup errors are very benign compared to silently corrupted backups.
3. default information bar save behavior is unpleasant and also completely silent, you won't learn about it until you check. The addon should ask before the first use, for features that permanently affect backups.
UnMHT doesn't have intentions to support Electrolysis, so all its users will be forced to migrate to MAF. I hope that MAF will improve before then.
extensions.maf.save.keepscripts not working Puntuado con 1 de 5 estrellas
why are the scripts removed with extensions.maf.save.keepscripts enabled?
Works Incorrectly Puntuado con 3 de 5 estrellas
Clicking OPEN in the dialogue box, when trying to open a saved maff file, simply opens another dialogue of the same kind, endlessly. I have to change the maff extension to zip, pull out the html and then open that.
Замечательное дополнение. Puntuado con 4 de 5 estrellas
Ставлю оценку твёрдая «4». Проблем с открытием сохранённых страниц не наблюдал (за несколько лет). Самое важное, что сохранять можно интернет-страницу одним файлом.
Однако, не всегда сохранение происходит быстро. Иной раз несколько минут приходится ждать. При этом не зависит от размера сайта или его названия. С чем связано весьма интересно? Попробую догадаться — данные подгружаются из сети.
Отлично! Puntuado con 5 de 5 estrellas
Очень удобное дополнение!
Great Puntuado con 5 de 5 estrellas
My personal best addon. Waiting for e10s (electrolysis) compatibility.
Good Puntuado con 5 de 5 estrellas
Been using this for almost a year now... Never ran into problems with it.. awesome add on
Puntuado con 5 de 5 estrellas
e10s compatibility? Please fix. Multi-process. Puntuado con 5 de 5 estrellas
Works perfectly when e10s is disabled.
Thanks for your attention.
Отлично работает при отключенном e10s.
Спасибо за внимание.
E10S совместимость? Пожалуйста, исправьте. Мульти-процесс.
when the new thing is multi-process, please make MAFF multi-process Puntuado con 1 de 5 estrellas
waiting for an compatibility update for multi-process
Puntuado con 1 de 5 estrellas
“save page as ...”菜单根本就没有出现！
Videos dont work! What can I do? Puntuado con 3 de 5 estrellas
Hey, this addOn is a fine one. But I have a problem: whenever I try to save/archive pages with videos, I cant play the videos after I saved/archived them (as MAFF file). How does that come? Can someone help?
Yay! No more irritating *_files directories and *.URL files cluttering things up. Just a few minor bugs and some wishes. Puntuado con 4 de 5 estrellas
Saving web pages is very important functionality for me. For instance, I was the one who originally requested the feature to preserve text and other form inputs' state when doing a Save Page As... Web Page, complete (in https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=293834).
I save a lot of web pages, and I've always used the "Web Page, complete" format in both Firefox and when occasionally running IE, for cross-platform compatibility. However, the PAGE_files directories introduce a lot of clutter and make it difficult to have directories that have complete web pages saved in them, as well as subdirectories, since your manually created subdirectories get lost in the proliferation of PAGE_files directories. Also adding to the clutter were the .URL files (or .webloc, on Mac) that I had drag and drop from the URL bar for each page saved, so I'd have a record of where the page came from.
Therefore, I was very happy to learn of the Mozilla Archive Format extension, which solves all of the above problems. Pages are saved as single .maff files, with the URL encoded inside them, so the PAGE_files directories and PAGE.URL files clutter can go away, and subdirectories can be found again. And if this add-on ever gets discontinued, I can simply unZIP all the .maff files (well, along with renames of the numeric top-level directory in the ZIPs) to get access to my saved web pages again.
I just have a few issues and wishes for this add-on:
1. In Firefox 47.0, at least, the new URL bar button that's supposed to allow you get the original URL an opened .maff file was saved from does not work. Clicking it simply does nothing. Therefore I am forced to leave on the new Information Bar, and I would prefer not to have to use that vertical real estate. (I do use Classic Theme Restorer, so if this feature works for others, it may be an incompatibility.)
2. It would be nice if this add-on added a submenu (perhaps optionally) to the Tools menu, as some other add-ons do. I have a lot of saved web pages, so I'm regularly coming across directories where I need to run the nicely designed Convert command so the saved files old and new will be .maffs, and it's a pain to have always pull up Tools... Add-ons, then go to Extensions, and then the Options button for Mozilla Archive Format.
3. Speaking of converting old "Web Page, complete" files to MAFF, it would be awesome if the add-on would look for a .URL (or .webloc) file with the same name as the .htm file and if found, use it for the embedded original URL of the page, rather than putting in an unhelpful "file://" URL. Then I would be able to delete all my old *.URL and *.webloc files along with the .htm and *_files directories. Ideally this option should have a (selectable) "loose matching" mode, since Firefox and Windows Explorer have slightly different rules for munging characters in page titles that aren't legal in filenames.
4. It would be great if the "Faithful Save" also included preservation of the original Last-Modified timestamps of the web page and its constituents as reported by the web server. I was one of the people fighting to get Mozilla to do this preservation itself (e.g. see https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=178506), but of course they made it a WONTFIX, as they are, uh, "wont" to do. I used to be a very happy user of the "Preserve Download Modification Timestamp" add-on, but it has been broken since 2013, and there is so comparable add-on that I can find. Therefore, it'd be nice if Faithful Save could be updated to preserve Last Modified timestamps.
5. As another user reported, closing a tab/window while it's being saved causes the .maff save to silently fail. Traditionally with Firefox, when doing the standard "Web Page, complete" save, it (surprisingly) didn't cause a problem if you closed the page while it was saving, so a lot of people have gotten used to being able to do that. Mozilla Archive Format should either keep the page alive in cache until the save is complete, or failing that, give you a warning if you start to close the tab/window, or failing that, at least give you a pop-up error when the save fails, rather than failing silently.
6. It's not possible to right-click the page's original URL in the information bar to open that in a new tab/window.
Other than that, thanks so much for this great add-on, and keep up the good work!
Nightly Puntuado con 5 de 5 estrellas
Could you add Electrolysis compatibility to your really awesome Firefox addon ? Electrolysis seems to go into the next major FF release and thus a huge bunch of addons must use a new API in order to continue to work.
links in saved files dont work! Puntuado con 1 de 5 estrellas
I had major problems with this add-on. layout was not as per original page. links returned ///file or something like that. Am I doing something wrong?
Doesn't show complete menu Puntuado con 1 de 5 estrellas
After installing, no new options appear in context menu, nor do they appear in the tools menu. And options shows only Main and Actions, Interface is missing. FF47Este usuario tiene una valoración anterior de este complemento.
MAF 4.0 and the Beta can not save images with Firefox47.0 BUT WORK on Waterfox 47.0 Puntuado con 5 de 5 estrellas
MAf 4.0 work on Waterfox 47.0
Could be more foolproof Puntuado con 4 de 5 estrellas
Works great, only problem I have is that it silently fails to create an archive if you close the tab while it is downloading.
Puntuado con 5 de 5 estrellas
Essential addon. Thank you for your work.
Bilder werden wieder gespeichert Puntuado con 5 de 5 estrellas
Version 4.0.1rc vom 11 Juni funktioniert wieder perfekt!!Esta valoración es de una versión anterior del complemento (4.0.0).