¡Ten cuidado con las versiones antiguas!
Estas versiones se muestran con propósitos de referencia y pruebas. Debes usar siempre la última versión de un complemento.
Fix for restore browser history
Fix for cookies backup/restore changes in Fx 44
Fix for search plugins backup/restore changes in Fx 44
Fix for permissions backup/restore changes in Fx 44
Wrote replacement for deprecated Application.storage API
Fixed FEBE debug console
Fix for bug 1203159
- If a file is locked when trying to backup (cookies, form fill history, permissions), an error message is displayed on the results report but the backup will continue.
- FEBE progress window no longer 'grows' in size after each backup. Once manually resized, it should keep that size.
- Check the file size of formfill history, permissions, and cookies and if zero-length, do not attempt to backup.
- FEBE will not try to contact AMO for extension information while performing a Full Profile backup
- A problem with the routine that contacts AMO has been fixed so the "FEBE was unable to load the extension data in real-time before the backup." message should not occur as often.
- FEBE will now recognize newly installed 'restartless' addons immediately.
- FEBE progress window will now remember the last position it was displayed.
- A link to the FEBE support forum is available from the FEBE menu.
- For Firefox v36.0 - v40.0a2
- When creating/restoring full profile, an option to create a desktop icon is available (Windows only)
- More reliable checks for items on file to backup (e.g, cookies, permissions, etc.)
- All sqlite calls are now asynchronous
- Remove deprecated XPCOM calls
- For Fx v36 - v38.a2
- FEBE now checks for the existence of 'cache2' when determining 'Ignore cache' setting.
- FEBE color scheme tweaked for a softer tone.
- FEBE color scheme is now optional. See FEBE options > Advanced > Miscellaneous > FEBE colors
- There appears to be two different versions of permissions.sqlite in the wild. FEBE will now determine which version is in use and backup/restore accordingly.
- FEBE will no longer attempt to restore an empty backup file. A warning is displayed and the restore aborted.
- Added "AMO Rating" to tooltips on FEBE results report
- Fix for duplicate "OK" button in FEBE options window (Mac and Linux).
- No "Invalid date" messages. Should display "(unknown)" or "Never" when applicable.
- Better error trapping for restore formfill history.
Shortcut key for FEBE backup: Shift-Ctrl-Alt-B (Windows and Linux) or Shift-Command-Option-B (Mac)
Shortcut key for FEBE options: Shift-Ctrl-Alt-F (Windows and Linux) or Shift-Command-Option-F (Mac)
Progress window now properly displays backup progress
Updated with the latest locales available
For Fx 24.0 - 35.0a1
Fixed date storage issue that was affecting missed backup notices (DD/MM/YYYY vs MM/DD/YYYY)
Added "Remind on startup if scheduled backup is missed - If canceled, remind again after XX minutes" in 'When to backup' pane.
Added warning if scheduled backup was missed in 'When to backup' pane.
Fixed user-defined backup. Now restore file open window correctly filters for filename/type.
Fixed permissions restore
Modified code to be ES6 compliant
Made .json bookmark backup synchronous to be compatible with Pale Moon.
Fix for filepicker routine for Mac
Pale Moon users (based on Fx 24.7.2) should install from
- FEBE code completely rewritten to wrap all functions into a single object (AMO recommendation)
- Added Dropbox support, removed Box.net support
- Support added for up to three additional backup locations for webDAV, CDs, DVDs, thumbdrives, networked drives, etc.
- Profile backup name now contains the Firefox version number.
- Added 'Grace period" (seconds) to backup on startup/shutdown.
- Added 'Tolerance' (seconds) for determining if scheduled backup was missed
- Scheduled backup UI redesigned
- No restart needed when changing backup schedule
- New option: Perform delayed backup
- Items can be added to ignore list during backup
- Created function to test backup directory permissions
- Created function to list all add-ons
- Created function to manually load and save extension data
- If FEBE cannot load the extension data in real-time, a saved copy of the data will be used instead.
- For Fx 14.0.* - 24.0a1
- Internal code changes to remove/update modules that changed since Fx 14.
- Scheduled backups now have a +/- 90 second tolerance to allow for network/PC clock mis-synchronization
- Attempts to change old backup permissions so they may be deleted.
- FEBE Options > Advanced > Verify extension directory and Check Add-on manager functionality now working.
- Box.net uploads are now asynchronous.
- FEBE Results page now uploads to Box.net correctly tagged as "other"
- Box.net auto-upload on shutdown backup now working.
- If Box.net auto-upload is turned on, all backups are run in synchronous mode. This is to ensure the backups complete before the upload starts.
Fix for bookmarks.html restore problem introduced in Fx 14.
Fix for backing up/restoring formfill history problem introduced in Fx 15.
Fix for restoring browser history problem introduced in Fx 15.
For Fx 4.0.* - 20.*
Now installs correctly on *nix platforms (Linux and Mac)
Internal code changes requested by Mozilla
For Fx 4.0.* - 13.*
FEBE ignore list now correctly handles global and proxy addons
Fix Quick Backup
Fixed: Box.net online restore
- Fixed: Now uses secure (https) protocol for Box.net
interface for both paid and free accounts
- Changed: Minor cosmetic changes to UI
- Fixed: Outdated links
- Fixed: Minor edits that do not affect functionality
- For Fx 3.0.* - 3.7a4pre
* Fixed: Box.net timestamp folders now populate correctly.
* Fixed: Box.net upload window correctly obeys "Display upload progress window?" option when initiating upload from toolbar menu.
* Fixed: Option window now shows properly in Minefield 3.7 nightlies.
* For Fx 3.0.* - Minefiled 3.7a1pre
# Fixed: Statusbar icon from appearing when multiple windows are open (and "Hide statusbar icons" option is set)
# Fixed: Results report now appears in controlling window instead of the most current window.
# New: Added user-defined Box.net backup root directory
# New: Added timestamped directory option for Box.net uploads
They will be ignored and/or deleted. I will gladly address any support issues in the FEBE support forum (see link below).
# Completed locales as of 07/26/09:
en-US, es-ES, gl-ES, nl-NL, pl-PL, pt-BR, sk-SK, zh-CN, zh-TW
# Incomplete locales (missing strings replaced with en-US):
bg-BG, ca-AD, cs-CZ, da-DK, de-DE, el-GR, et-EE, fa-IR, fi-FI, fr-FR, he-IL, hr-HR, hu-HU, it-IT, ja-JP, ko-KR, pt-PT, ro-RO, ru-RU, sl-SI, sr-RS, sv-SE, tr-TR, uk-UA, vi-VN,
For the latest version (including updated locales) see the FEBE homepage (link below).
Support forum: www.customsoftwareconsult.com/phpBB2/index.php
Full profile backup and restore video tutorial (by Adria Richards):
CLEO (Compact Library Extension Organizer) is a companion extension to FEBE and is available elsewhere on this Mozilla site (https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/2942/). CLEO will package all your backed up extensions and themes into a single, installable .xpi file.
OPIE (Ordered Preference Import/Export) is a Firefox extension that allows you to import and export your installed extension preferences.
Available at https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/6152
* New: Restore profile function re-written. Now includes the option to create a new profile (in the Fx default directory) to expedite full profile restores. Also allows profile restores to non-default locations.
* New: Option to restart Firefox with the newly restored profile (or any selected profile for that matter)
* New: Added "Total processing time:" to results page. Displays the number of seconds the backup took to perform.
* New: "Verify extensions" function now offers a "Strict" and "Lenient" mode. "Lenient" mode allows extensions with malformed email format ids.
* New: Option to prompt before backup on startup/shutdown
* Fixed: "Run-away" backups when no scheduled backup was set
* Changed: More robust error trapping
* New: Bookmarks are now backed up in .json and/or .html format. Favicons are included in .html backup.
* New: Option to disable missed scheduled backup notification
* New: Option for results page format - "Detail" or "Summary"
* Fixed: "Include FEBE with backup" option. It now works again.
* New: Option to display Box.net upload window
* New: Option to display message alerts as "Sliders" or "Standard" (a mostly Mac issue)
* Fixed: Upgraded sounds from 88kbps mono to 1411kbps stereo. Now works on Vista. (These sound files are much larger, unfortunately, and account for the substantial increase in the installable .xpi file.)
* Changed: Scheduled backup warning now occurs one minute before backup starts.
* New: FEBE scheduled backups now work correctly when more than one browser window is opened. One window is assigned as the "controller" and passes the torch when closed.
* Other minor bug fixes
# Fixed: "Invalid date" message when scheduled backup was missed.
# Fixed(?): Yet another attempt to fix the "progress window not closing" problem.
# Fixed: Restore extensions problem when backup destination directory contained certain characters (e.g., "#").
# Changed: If "Include a copy of FEBE with backup" is checked, only one copy will get backed up. In other words, if "Backup extensions" is checked for a selective backup, FEBE already gets backed up as it is an extension like all the others. No reason to back it up twice.
# Fixed: Modal windows on Mac do not display properly. I just made them non-modal where necessary.
# New: Added "Both" and "Alternate" backup types in addition to "Full profile" and "Selective".
# Fixed: Scheduled backup only runs in the most current window when more than one window is open.
# New: Clicking statusbar icon gives more information and option to backup now.
# Fixed: Security updates
# New: Added extension/theme descriptions to results page.
# Known issues: Some locales contain English strings. Full translations are pending.
# Fixed: Invalid Box.net username/password does not generate FEBE crashing error.
# Changed: Locales updated.
* Fixed: No results report when "Display progress window" option not checked.
* Fixed: Certain options not enabled/disabled when supposed to.
* Fixed: Box.net interface is more stable
* Fixed: Error message properly displayed when attempting to restore a profile when only one profile exists.
* Fixed: QuickBackup not recognizing unselected extensions after "Select all" and unchecking some items.
* Fixed: Cookie backup not getting some properties correctly