Para probar los miles de complementos que están disponibles aquí, descarga Mozilla Firefox, ¡una forma rápida y gratuita de navegar en la Web!Cerrar
Bienvenido a Complementos Firefox.
Elige de entre miles de funciones y estilos extra para hacer de Firefox tu navegador.Cerrar
AnkiFox (obsolete) 2.0.1
Select some text, right-click and choose "Add to Anki". A new tab will open with both Ankiweb and your dictionary of choice. Dictionaries formatted for mobile viewing are highly recommended.
Acerca de este complemento
Since 2017, Ankiweb owners decided to include Header X-Frame-Options, to avoid other people to include their web page inside iframes, which is basically what Ankifox did, to facilitate the inclusion of new words to Anki. Sadly, there is no legal way to circumvent this limitation.
The best approach to learning a new language is using it everyday. That's how we learned our native language in the first place. So, one entertaining way of doing this is learning while reading, taking advantage of the fact that we spend a huge amount of time surfing the web.
Although there are some Firefox add-ons that allow language immersion, they are confusing and limiting. Instead of replacing words or phrases with poor and many times inexact translations, it's far better to read texts in the language you're trying to learn, and search only those words that are difficult for you to understand so that you can store them and later review them using spaced repetition algorithms.
With Ankifox, adding words to Anki is like a breeze. You just need to select the word, right-click and choose "Add to anki". A new tab will open containing two frames: one with Ankiweb and the other with your favorite dictionary.
HOW TO USE
1) Install Ankifox
2) Open a new tab, go to https://ankiweb.net/ and login. Close this tab. Firefox will log you in automatically next time you visit this page (as you'll do many times), so you won't have to do this anymore.
3) The first time you use Ankifox, you might also want to change its preferences. For that, go to the sandwich icon > addons > extensions > ankifox.
4) Change the dictionary URLs with your favorite ones (websites with a mobile version are highly recommended). Don't forget to use "%s" (without quotation marks) to indicate where the search term should be included.
5) Select the dictionary you want to use. You do this by indicating the dictionary number.
6) It's also important to specify the Note Type and Deck's name. It's very important that they are written exactly the same as they appear in Ankiweb (case, etc.).
Every day use
Using Ankifox is extremely easy. You just need to surf the web, select a word or phrase you don't understand, right click on it and select "Add to Anki".
Remember: if you think you are going to add multiple words while you are reading an article it is highly recommended to leave the Ankifox tab open once you finished adding each word. This way, the Ankiweb site is not loaded every time and the whole process will be much quicker.
Note: advanced users can check Google Mobilizer if there's any trouble getting a mobile version of a particular dictionary. Before doing this, note that almost EVERY good dictionary has it's mobile version site.
Final remark: Ankifox can be more server intensive than using the traditional Anki desktop application, so please remember to donate to Ankiweb maintainers.