Welcome to Thunderbird Add-ons.
Add extra features and styles to make Thunderbird your own.Close
Be careful with old versions!
These versions are displayed for reference and testing purposes. You should always use the latest version of an add-on.
- Can now move messages again to target folder with recent versions of Thunderbird (e.g. 31).
- If you select both a subfolder and its ancestor folder as source folders, the same messages will no longer be considered twice.
- Fixed occasional failure to recognize MailUtils.
- Added Slovenian locale.
- [DATALOSS] When both an ancestor and descendant folder were specifically selected for a dupe search, their messages would be considered twice, and thus all apear as dupes (of themselves).
- Other minor TB version compatibility issues
- Slovenian locale added
- zh-CN locale fixed.
- Extension now users "extensions.removedupes." as its preferences prefix.
- All relevant XUL elements now have IDs.
- Now asking for additional confirmation for permanent deletion of messages
* Fixed a bug with the review dialog buttons.
* Fixed a compatibility issue with Thunderbird 2.x.
- Can now toggle keep/delete in the review dialog using the Space Bar.
- The target folder now properly defaults to the Local Folders Trash for all locales.
- Can now compare time values using a lower resolution: minute, hour, day etc.
- It is now possible to visually indicate originals folders, although the actual css has been commented-out, and this is only for Thunderbird for now.
- User gets a specific error message when only trying to search special folders, if these are set to be skipped.
- Fixed some compatibility problems with trunk builds.
- Fixed most/all cases of the checked/unchecked icons missing in the review dialog with certain themes (e.g. Mostly Crystal) on certain platforms.
- Resolved two issues regarding the use of stripped & sorted addresses for comparison.
- Resolved an issue in which the review dialog would come up empty (due to an app version detection problem).
- Can now limit the maximum number of messages processed (using a hidden pref: removedupes.limit_number_of_processed_messages).
- Fixed incorrect sorting of German dates.
- Fixed compatibility issue with several other extensions (Lightning, Image Zoom etc.) due to function name clash and app version misdetection.
- Seamonkey 2.x: Compatibility with the new customizable toolbars on.
- Seamonkey 1.x: Fixed menubutton invisibility issue.
* The checked/unchecked graphic in the review dialog now shows up properly (on Mac as well I hope).
* Now properly handling messages missing their message ID.
* Updates reflecting Mozilla trunk API changes.
* Visible boolean preference to skip or include special folders in search.
* Can now compare messages by size.
* No longer complaining about saved-search virtual folders.
* Search no longer stalls when encountering local folders with no summary file (although summary file generation is not triggered; this is planned for a future version.)
- Can now choose to search a folder for dupes without including its subfolders in the search.
- Can now mark a set of folders as containing the originals, so that only dupes of these messages are found, and the review dialog marks the 'non-original' copies for deletion.
- Search progress now reported every short while in the status bar.
- Search time-memory balance changed for search including body comparison - now using more memory and significantly less time when comparing many bodies (quicksort instead of Theta(n^2) algorithm).
- Review Dialog: Improved responsiveness when toggling 'keep' status.
* Toolbar button: Button now appears in Seamonkey (well, trunk versions, anyway; I'm having trouble with the 1.1.x versions - help is appreciated).
* Review Dialog: Criteria used in the comparison are now emboldened.
* Review Dialog: Fixed some sorting and sort column indicator issues.
* Review Dialog: You can now include the Message ID and the flags fields as displayed columns.
* Can now use the message status flags as a comparison criteria (read/unread, starred/unstarred, etc.)
* Fixed some locale mis-installation issues (pl-PL with Thunderbird, many locales with Seamonkey release).
* Added pt-BR, he-IL, ru-RU locales; thanks to the Babelzilla translators.
* Messages can now be compared by their bodies, but this comparison is 'rough' and may not work well with multi-part and/or multibyte-character-set messages.
* The extension now works more properly with IMAP and folders, not ignoring subfolders for which headers have not yet been downloaded.
* There is now a button, a Tools menu item, and a keyboard shortcut (Ctrl+Shift+D) for removing duplicates.
* Review Dialog: The click behavior has changed: Single-click in the checkbox de/selects the message for deletion, single click elsewhere displays the message in the main Thunderbird/MailNews window, and double-click does nothing special.
* Review dialog 'cosmetic' improvements: The sort order is now indicated, and various choices are now persisted (dialog size, sort order, columns being hidden, etc.).
* Review Dialog: 'Last Copy' button added in addition to 'First Copy'.
* Other minor bug fixes.
- Seamonkey: Messages no longer fail to display in the 3-pane window when you click their line in the review dialog.
- Locales now maintained by the kind BabelZilla contributors - see removedupes' page there for a list of locales (we now have Japanese, Traditional Chinese, Slovak, Portugese, Italian, French, Netherlands Dutch and maybe some more).
- Tweaked review dialog mouse click behavior.
- Now informing the user that we're searching for dupes, using the status bar, while s/he is waiting.
- Move to different folder fixed! Can now move dupes to any folder you like; your move target preference is also preserved across uses.
- (Hopefully) No longer trying to search for dupes in non-mail folders (e.g. newsgroups)
- Can now compare messages by their recipient and CC lists.
- Can now sort the dupe sets in the review dialog by the various columns.
- Added a sunflower field logo.
- Non-ASCII headers (author, subject) are now handled and displayed properly.
- The review & confirmation dialog now shows the number of total dupes, dupe sets, and dupes to be kept.
- The review & confirmation dialog now has a folder picker for selecting a target folder other than the trash - but, alas, it is not yet working; an alternate folder can be used only by manually editing the hidden pref removedupes.mail.default_target_folder.
- When single-clicking a message line in the review & confirmation dialog, the message comes up in the main (3-pane) window (this doesn't work in Seamonkey for some reason, though).
- German (de-DE) localization, thanks to AlfonsName [at] netscape.net and the denizens of #firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A message's folder can now also be used as one of the comparison criteria (e.g. to prevent detecting messages from different folders as dupes).
- A message's folder can now also be used as one of the comparison criteria.
- The mechanism for deciding which special folders (Inbox, Trash etc.) to include in a search for dupes has been revamped. It is now controlled by the hidden preference removedupes.mail.allowed_special_folders.