Welcome to Thunderbird Add-ons.
Add extra features and styles to make Thunderbird your own.Close
About this Add-on
- Simply assure that your url is on your clipboard, select the text you want to turn into a link, and choose Paste Hyperlink from the context menu.
- If you want to remove a hyperlink, select the text of the link and choose Remove Hyperlink from the menu. You can remove the entire hyperlink by simply placing the cursor in the link and calling PasteHyperlink. Or, you only want to remove the hyperlink from part of the text, make a selection before calling PasteHyperlink.
- There is also a hotkey, alt+shift+y, and a toolbar button, and an entry in the main Edit menu.
- There is an option to confirm pasting of a non-valid url.
- If no text is selected, you can paste the contents of the clipboard as a hyperlink.
- Finally, it will convert an email on the clipboard into a mailto link.
This is my favourite Thunderbird addon now, if I must say so myself. I use it every day. I copy and paste hyperlinks all the time. Be sure that if I discover any bugs that I have a vested interest in fixing the addon!
My personal settings (options) :
- False - Confirm if clipboard contents do not contain valid hyperlinks
- True - Prepend 'http' if needed
- False - Url encode the hyperlink
- True - Linkify email addresses
- Added feature for removing a hyperlink by cursor location so you don't have to select the entire link. You can still remove hyperlinks by selecting portions of the text, too.
- Added feature where if nothing is selected, the contents of the clipboard will be inserted and hyperlinked.
- Pasted email address will now be trimmed of spaces.
- Added a true French translation.
- Fixed the sanitization of inserted html.