Welcome to Thunderbird Add-ons.
Add extra features and styles to make Thunderbird your own.Close
Master Password+ 1.29 Requires Restart
Various enhancements for build-in "master password" (MP)
-Locks master security device on demand or after specified time
-Prompts for MP on browser startup
-Suppresses all or duplicate MP prompts
-Locks up entire application or individual windows
About this Add-on
This addon is not and never will be compatible with Firefox 57, however it will remain compatible with Waterfox and Palemoon as long as they support "Legacy" extensions.
- Ability to enable or disable timeout
- Toolbar, addressbar and statusbar icons
- Icons are dynamic and represent current state of master password, such as locked/unlocked or unset
- Options to hide the icons and/or menu items
- Set options directly from "Change Master Password" window
- Lock application on demand or with timer
- Two different timers for logout and lock
- Hotkey to logout/login master security device (default: ALT + L)
- Hotkey to lock application and/or individual windows (default: ALT + SHIFT + L and CTRL + ALT + SHIFT + L)
- Easy access to options or set/change master password via right click on toolbar/statusbar icons or tools menu
- Option to prompt master password on startup (work around for Bug 536140 which prompts multiple times for master password on startup).
- Option to suppress all or duplicate master password prompt popups (added in v1.2.20101212) (Note: when prompts are suppressed, they are actually being canceled. This means whatever requested master password will be notified as if user canceled the prompt, this might bring unexpected results.)
- Temporary suppress MP prompts
- Audio and icon blinking notifications when MP prompt was suppressed
- Notification bar when MP suppressed
- Lock application after NN incorrect entered passwords
- Logout / lock application (or single window) on minimize
- Support for Thunderbird
There is a little inconvenience if MP+ set to block master password prompts - it will block them by canceling them before they appear on screen. Because of that if you open a web page that has login/autofill form and required master password, you'll need manually login via MP+ and refresh the page to get the available login information for the login/autofill form. The same thing applied to any other extensions, option windows, etc that use protect by master password data - if it's a window, you'll need reopen the window after you manually logged in with master password.
This addon is not a replacement for built-in master password, it's an enhancement for it. It also cannot guarantee total protection, simply because anyone can disable it even without starting the browser.
Disabling or uninstalling this addon will NOT delete your master password!
You can find more about master password http://kb.mozillazine.org/Master_password
Please report bugs and feature requests at Support website or via email in the support section of addon page (http://goo.gl/Ipdep)
Bug reports or feature requests posted in review sections will be ignored and may be reported as spam.
Please test beta versions if available from here This will help speed up releasing final versions. (note currently if beta version installed, you'll need manually install final version when it's released, automatic updates will only install beta versions (thanks AMO for that nonsense)
Due to lack of free time and Mozilla's new strategy with frequent major version releases I no longer will support old version of FF and TB, only current versions will be used for testings.
Change log legend:
+ MP+ settings backup/restore
! MP dialog shown when browser locked and sync activated.
! block master passowrd prompts didn't work
this is probably the last update for Firefox, because mozilla is planning to prohibit submitting addons that are not compatible with FF57
it might still work in FF57 if you enable lagacy addons support with extensions.legacy.enabled in about:config
or switch to Waterfox (http://waterfoxproject.org) or Palemoon (http://www.palemoon.org)
The Development Channel lets you test an experimental new version of this add-on before it's released to the general public. Once you install the development version, you will continue to get updates from this channel. To stop receiving development updates, reinstall the default version from the link above.
Caution: Development versions of this add-on have not been reviewed by Mozilla.
- Version 1.21.3b1