Welcome to SeaMonkey Add-ons.
Add extra features and styles to make SeaMonkey your own.Close
SmartTemplate4 offers an easy way to automatically create customized replies by auto-inserting various mail headers. Templates can be created for every account as well as for the default (all email accounts). Also supports the Stationery Add-on.
About this Add-on
SmartTemplate4 is the next generation of the popular addon SmartTemplate
SmartTemplate4 is currently translated in the following 18 languages:
German, Dutch, English, Spanish, Finnish, French, Italian, Japanese, Occitan, Polish, Brazilian (Portuguese), Russian, Serbian, Slovenian, Swedish, Ukrainian, Simplified Chinese and Tw Chinese.
If you would like to translate SmartTemplate4 into your own language, please visit Babelzilla
Why is SmartTemplate4 published by an other author?
Development of the original SmartTemplate by gaby_hy (H. Yasuda) has stopped for time reasons. SmartTemplate4 builds on this original addon with written friendly permission from the original author.
The current Version can be found here:
- Custom templates can be automatically used for compose, reply and forward messages
- supports HTML and plain-text
- adding your signature to your mail template (from Thunderbird Account settings)
- Define separate templates for new messages (compose), reply and forward messages
- Mail templates can be used by a single account or common for all accounts
- Intelligent content in your template by use of keywords (variables)
- This add-on does not change the default config settings. (e.g., mailnews.reply_header_xxx) *
* This means that global settings and other Addons are not affected by its installation
- Version 0.8.5.6 onwards internal functions rewritten into ECMAScript5 strict mode ("use strict";) for more security
- Version 0.9.3 onwards do support the integration of Stationery Add-on for more power with HTML e-Mails!
You can find example templates & many more on our Support Site.
Add-on Compatibility Reporter Add-On
If you have any problems, please contact us via email (see follow). Wrong bugreports via "Add-on compatibility Reporter" extension without any comments or detailed bug description are not helpful to anyone.
Please email us if you find a bug or have a question instead of reporting your issue in a review. The review system only allows us to respond once and this may not be adequate for resolving your issue.
Alternativly you can post your Bugreport on our Support Site (Bugzilla account required).
• Contact Marky Mark DE (available languages de, en-US):
• Contact Realraven (Axel Grude) (available languages de, en-US):
So that we can assist you more effectively, we need the following information:
- which OS you use
- your installed Thunderbird version
- your installed SmartTemplate4 version
- options that are set in SmartTemplate4
- composition & addressing options in account settings
- mail account type (IMAP or POP3)
- which kind of mails are affected (HTML or Plaintext)
- your template
To help to reproduce your problem, is it more helpful when you attach some screenshots to your problem report if you contact us!
Thanks to carlitus for his great Noia Iconset, which is used on our settings dialog.
- [Bug 26043]
Save Template / Load Template feature
Save / load the current template to / from a file.
- [Bug 25904] Functions to Modify Mail Headers: To, Cc, Bcc, Subject and Others
%header.set(name,"value")%replaces the field of the Email.
%header.append(name,"value")%appends text or recipient to the field of the Email.
%header.prefix(name,"value")%prefixes text to the field of the Email.
This currently supports the following headers: subject, to, from, cc, bcc, reply-to. For example,
%header.prefix(subject,"[Project 1] ")%will turn the subject "Re: Support Request" into "[Project 1] Re: Support Request".
The append function can also be used to add more additional recipients. In all cases, duplicates should be checked and avoided - please double check this is the case and report it to the bug if there are problems. The value has to be wrapped in " and doesn't currently support these characters: " , % used within.
- Removed automatic suppression of "mailTo" links and added an Advanced Setting for re-activating it. Going forward, we recommend keeping this option off, as it may have some undesirable side-effects. Miscellaneous
- Postbox 4 compatibility. Raised minimum version for Thunderbird to 9.0.