Be careful with old versions!
These versions are displayed for reference and testing purposes. You should always use the latest version of an add-on.
- Make extension work with (old-style) frameset pages
This version adds some appearance customization options: the position of the overlink popup, wrapping the URL to multiple lines, and specifying custom colors or entire custom CSS.
Unfortunately (in addition to not being able to modify the native overlink popup) some functionality has been lost or degraded, see these issues. This is why this version is marked as requiring Firefox 57+: the legacy version is functionally better in the author's opinion, so an upgrade should not be forced on those with browsers still capable of using it. You can still force-install version 3.0 on an earlier Firefox if you want.
- Modified code to work with Firefox 44 and later.
- Modified history and bookmark queries to work with Firefox 22 and later. Due to this Firefox earlier than 3.6 and SeaMonkey earlier than 2.1 are no longer supported.
- Dropped support for importing preferences from version 2.0 and from the original Link Status.
- Added an option for excluding very recent visits when displaying the link visit time.
- Links with certain character escapes in them are not displayed as
visited (bug #817374). Added a workaround that works for some of the cases, but not for all.
- Added custom formatting options.
- Added German and Swedish translations.
- Fixed error message if Status-4-Evar was not installed.
- Changed the code to use 'linkstatusredux' instead of 'linkstatus' as namespace/prefix. User-set preferences will be loaded from the old branch upon first startup.