Be careful with old versions!
These versions are displayed for reference and testing purposes. You should always use the latest version of an add-on.
- Now works on Firefox for Android (previously supported Firefox Mobile, w/o NativeUI)
- Adds support for WHOIS lookup for the domains in addition to server-geolocation
- On Desktop, no redundant IP resolution on consecutive requests/hovering
- Strips off the prefixes etc. extra codes for older Firefox versions (<16.0)
- No more interface hang while IP fetching
- More accurate status notifications & action feedbacks
- Even more performance oriented & multi-threaded operations
- Still under 4kB, still ultra-low resource footprint.
- SnipR button repositioned to a more accessible & non-clumsy location
- Live IP view on hover; no clicking is required if only the IP value is sought
- On demand resource utilization on user interaction to lower resource footprint
- Updated compatibility with Firefox and Fennec 8.0a1 [The current nightly trunk]
Lighter XPI Package.
All images removed.
New SnipR button.
One click access.
Style cleaned up.
- SnipR & SnipR Mobile branches has been merged & can be used from the same package.
- No more remote JS calls from chrome:// privilege, (logical) security issue fixed.
- No more AJAX - information fetching utilizes JSONP technology for performance.
- Backward compatibility has been called off, doesn't work on Firefox 3.6 anymore.
- Fetches optional contents from the web, so lighter download package.
- Further minimizes resource footprint & has gone faster.
- GitHub homepage & bug-tracker; developing wiki pages.