To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
Ubuntu-it Menu 220.127.116.11-signed
Quick navigation menu through all the resources of the Italian community of the Linux distribution Ubuntu (www.ubuntu-it.org). Allow also a quick navigation through some resources of other Ubuntu communities including the international one.
About this Add-on
- in the browser's main menu (available only starting from Firefox 4)
- in the browser's menu bar
- as a submenu in the Tools menu
- in the context menu (shown with right click)
- as a toolbar button menu, can be added in any toolbar
If the name of your personal page in the italian Ubuntu Wiki and/or the international Ubuntu Wiki is set in the Preferences, the extension will automatically show the direct links to your personal pages.
The IRC channel links require an external IRC client associated with the IRC format links (of the form
irc://irc.server.net:port/channel?key), in order to run it and automatically join the selected channel.
Under Ubuntu you need to install (if not already installed) only xchat and xchat-remote packages.
Probably in other Linux distributions you need the same packages, but at the moment, I have no means of checking this.
Under MacOS X and Windows you simply need an IRC client handling the IRC protocol (like Colloquy for MacOS X and XChat2 [silverex build, maybe starting from the next build] for Windows, among those freeware).
Under MacOS X, the menus in the menu bar and in the Tools menu, will not show link icons although the icons will be shown correctly in the right-click context menu.
Starting from Ubuntu Hardy Heron 8.04 this extension is available in official Ubuntu repositories through firefox-ubuntu-it-menu package, now renamed xul-ext-ubuntu-it-menu.
- Menu icons not shown
If the menu icons are not shown on Ubuntu, you have to check the Gnome settings. Execute this command in a terminal:
gconftool-2 --get /desktop/gnome/interface/menus_have_icons
if the output is false your Gnome is configured to not shown the menu icons. If you want to change this default behaviour and show the icons relative to the menu items in every application (this can't be set for single application), execute this command in a terminal:
gconftool-2 --set /desktop/gnome/interface/menus_have_icons --type bool true
and restart the browser.
- Added a toolbar button to insert the menu as a toolbar button anywhere in browser's toolbars.
- For a complete Firefox4 compatibility the menu is now also visible in the Firefox small unified browser menu. As the other menus also this one can be activated or disactivated through the extension's options.
- Updated the Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Xubuntu and Edubuntu logos according to the new brands.
- Updated menu's liks.
- Various minor fixes.