WHere'S the button? Rated 4 out of 5 stars
1. A BUTTON. Odd that there's no button for that one, it would be so useful... It should be simple enough to implement, I use AllInOne sidebar and I would add the button to its toolbar. If you clicked on it, it would open your currently selected tab into the panel. And if the panel is closed, it would either solely open it (with its previous content or blank page), either load the current tab into it, depending on some configuration option.
2. The possibility to have the panel vertical on right or left, or horizontal on top or bottom.
3. Since we can't open more than one panel, tabs should be allowed. I wonder if it would be possible to "embed" a new chrome container for an iFrame or WebPage into the panel...
4. An option menu, for specifying: when pressing the button panel, either automatically open the current page into the panel, either open the panel showing the previous content - if the button is clicked when the panel is already opened, the choice to do a close panel command or to refresh its content with the current selected tab; The location of the panel (top, bottom, left, right).
Rated 4 out of 5 stars
works great! exactly what i was looking for!
Other plugins don't seems to have effect on the new created panel though (better Gmail 2, google enhancer, ad block+) ... it would also be great to add an address bar to be able to change the content without having to drop links onto that new panel...
Keep up the good work!
Rated 5 out of 5 stars
works with Firefox 3, if you deactivate the compatibility-check:
-> Right Click -> New -> Boolean: extensions.checkCompatibility
=> install the addon
Have fun :)
Rated 4 out of 5 stars
max1million it seems that your add on affects the close buttons of the tabs, it makes them disappear even thought the preference browser.tabs.closeButtons is set to '1' ie default. Apart from that Split Pannel is really useful .
Fantastic! Rated 5 out of 5 stars
This is fantastic! I love it! It makes working on multiple windows much easier. Is there anything like this for Excel or Word?
Goooooooood Exxxtension Rated 5 out of 5 stars
A good extension for watching youtube and check email at the same time.
If possible, the following Feature would be great for improve
1. Allow tab in split panel(this make buffering for video better)
2. Allow temp file tranfer from tab to tab(cut loading time)
3. Some function for help scroll (like scroll to a certain position saved in profile)
Finally I want to know what is the difference between split tab and split panel
Curious Buttons Rated 4 out of 5 stars
please take a look at my Buttons. They're curious:
Simple, but useful Rated 4 out of 5 stars
If you are looking for something fancy, with many options and stuff, this isn't the extension for you.
If you need something simple, like a "flexible sidebar" this was made for you :D
Great addon Rated 4 out of 5 stars
Great addon. Use it all the time when watching a YouTube video and doing something else. My only complaint is that maybe you should add a url address bar on the splitted tab, so it's like two browsers in one. That would be nice. Thanks. :)This review is for a previous version of the add-on (0.8.6).
double click the panel\'s title bar for prompt to enter location
Can't split panels top to bottom... Rated 4 out of 5 stars
...Because neither my laptop touchpad nor my mouse has a middle button. I would hope that there is a method of forcing the application to do this some other way. This is the only reason I have given it a 9.This review is for a previous version of the add-on (0.8.6).
Ctrl and Shif clicks
Ctrl click the menuitem for horizontal slpit on bottom of window or Shift click for vertical slpit on right side of window. They correspond to middle or right clicks.
It disables Tab X Rated 3 out of 5 stars
It looks great and seems to work as well, however I've noticed that it will disable Tab X (makes every tab always have a close button) - if you can have a look at that bug, it would be great!This review is for a previous version of the add-on (0.8.6).
Split Pannel close button
Should have any problems with close button now as it uses separate imigenow.
Highly useful add-on but.. Rated 4 out of 5 stars
This is quite a useful and easy to use add-on.
However, it would be ever so much more versatile if it allowed for increasing the font size in the split panels. As it now works, only the original panel allows for font size increase by various means. None of those work in the split off window.
Would also be useful if the split off panel allowed for tabs.
Hope this is rectified in the next update
just great Rated 5 out of 5 stars
works really fine with ff 18.104.22.168 and it's a usefull tool for admin and monitoring web tools
Outstanding Rated 5 out of 5 stars
A real time saver. Implemented perfectly. Thanks!
Great Rated 5 out of 5 stars
Great idea for comparing docs and watching forums.
2.006 with all major extensions no problems.
Great Time Saver Rated 4 out of 5 stars
Very handy when searching when trying to keep tabs on several things at once. Also a real time saver when researching data, and talking on forums. Easily one of my favorite Add-ons.This review is for a previous version of the add-on (0.8).
Just what I need Rated 2 out of 5 stars
Great idea, thanks. It works but needs some bug fixes. For this report, I split the panel top/bottom. Tested on 22.214.171.124 on WinXP and 126.96.36.199 on Kubuntu 6.06 in VMWare.
1. Change font size only operates on top panel.
2. Open new url only operates on top panel.
3. In VM Linux, the new bottom panel has really funky display of 3 identical rows of firefox menu icons.
Wonderful Rated 5 out of 5 stars
Thank you so much for this ever so useful extension.This review is for a previous version of the add-on (0.7).
AWESOME! Rated 5 out of 5 stars
Thank you Max1Million!!
I've been looking for this feature for a long time and ran across it today. Works as advertised (Fx v188.8.131.52)! With 44 ext's, 9 themes, 9 plug-ins and growing, it works flawlessly. Simple and to the point. Replaced 'Pertinkina' ext'n which fricken re-directs to their HmPg every time you activate/use it (PIA). Can't thank you enough Max1Million for developing this one. Definitely a keeper!! This should be incorporated into Fx as a default feature.
Nice. Rated 5 out of 5 stars
The recent revision seems to make it compatible with themes. This a must of tool for me. Thanks.This review is for a previous version of the add-on (0.7).