To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
Live Stream Notifier 3.0.1 No Restart
Get a notification whenever certain channels on supported streaming services go live. Supported services include Twitch, YouTube and Hitbox. Additionally to notifications the extension provides a panel with information about the channels.
About this Add-on
You can manage the followed channels with a powerful channels manager, which lets you auto import all the channels you follow with one click, add all channels a user follows or just add a single channel. Of course it also lets you remove channels.
Sometimes you miss notifications, but thanks to the handy panel, accessed by a button, which has a red dot if any channel is live, you always have access to all the channels the extension is monitoring. You can open their archive page or refresh them. The panel has three different styles, a compact one, if you follow a lot of people, a more spaceous one and a layout with thumbnails of the live streams. Each channel has a context menu, which lets you refresh the channel's status, go directly to its chat or go to its VOD archive, if it's live. The panel has a filter function, so you can quickly find a channel. You can add the category name and viewer count, if it's supported by the network.
List of supported providers with some explanation on what they are can be found on http://jtvn.humanoids.be/providers/. They include:
- YouTube (this includes streams on YouTube Gaming)
If you run into a bug, please either send me an e-Mail to the support e-Mail or file an issue on GitHub.
- Feature Suggestion
Same as for Bugs.
To translate register on the babelzilla beta portal and add your translation to this project: http://beta.babelzilla.org/projects/p/jtvn/ . There is a toutorial how translations work and how you can live-test them: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/developers/docs/sdk/latest/dev-guide/tutorials/l10n.html about:config
A description of the about:config specific settings can be found here.
- Add new channels manager, which is the last piece to allow more channel providers
- Three new styles for the panel
- An optional extra row of info for live channels in the panel, showing the number of viewers and the category of a stream
- Offline channels are in a separate tab instead of below the live channels in the panel
- Context menu for channels in the panel, allowing to refresh their individual state, open their archive page if they’re live or open the channel’s chat only
- Channels and users are now saved in a database instead of a plaintext file
- Nearly every line of code in the extension has been rewritten
- A completely new website
- Added support for Hitbox, Ustream, Livestream, MLG.tv, Azubu and YouTube (as far as possible)
- Show hosting twitch channels as live with the title and thumbnail of the hosted channel
- Filter channels in the panel (and the channels manager)
- And probably some bugs that I haven't found in two months of testing. Please report them at https://github.com/freaktechnik/justintv-stream-notifications/issues