To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
DuckDuckGo Plus 0.4.6.1-signed No Restart
DuckDuckGo is the search engine that doesn't track you. We also have smarter answers and less clutter. This extension makes DuckDuckGo available in the address bar, search bar and right-click menu. Also adds a handy toolbar button with more features!
About this Add-on
This add-on will:
1. Add a handy DuckDuckGo toolbar button (see screenshots) to your browser for easy access to !bang tags (removable).
2. Add DuckDuckGo as your default search engine through the address bar, search bar and context right-click menu (reversible).
3. Show DuckDuckGo instant answers on Google/Bing (removable).
*** Please note: to ONLY install DuckDuckGo as your default search engine in the search bar, please check out the basic DuckDuckGo Search Plugin: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/duckduckgo-ssl/ ***
This extension is open source at https://github.com/duckduckgo/firefox-zeroclickinfo. We'd appreciate submitting Github issues there for bug/improvement ideas.
Also check out these pages for more info on DuckDuckGo:
- About: https://duckduckgo.com/about/
- !bang syntax: https://duckduckgo.com/bang/
- Help: https://duckduckgo.com/feedback/
- Privacy: https://duckduckgo.com/privacy/
Also, please note that if you have changed your search settings to use POST requests, the plugin will not use POST due to technical restrictions.
In this version (0.3.16), the following issues were fixed:
- modifying innerHTML -- it now uses jQuery as suggested in docs
- using eval -- completely removed
- generating script fragments from unsanitized string data -- it now uses .html function in jquery to sanitize
- markup errors
- printing debug information to Error Console
- toolbarbutton.js and friends files were copied directly from extension builder
- Updated visuals
- Improved handling of clashing situations between the Knowledge Graph and Instant Answers on Google.
This add-on is not compatible with your version of Firefox because of the following:
To create your own collections, you must have a Mozilla Add-ons account.