To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
DuckDuckGo Plus 1.1.1
DuckDuckGo is the search engine that doesn't track you. This add-on makes DuckDuckGo your default search engine and includes some other useful features.
About this Add-on
All of our add-on's features are controlled via settings. By default, this add-on will:
1. Add DuckDuckGo as your default search engine through the address bar, search bar, and context right-click menu (all reversible).
2. Add a handy DuckDuckGo toolbar button (see screenshots) for easy access to !bangs and other useful DuckDuckGo features (all removable).
3. Remove those annoying marketing pop-ups Google keeps putting on their sites that advertise their own services (reversible).
*** Please note: to ONLY install DuckDuckGo as your default search engine in the search bar, please check out the basic DuckDuckGo Search Plugin: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/duckduckgo-ssl/ ***
This extension is open source at https://github.com/duckduckgo/firefox-zeroclickinfo. We'd appreciate submitting Github issues there for bug/improvement ideas.
Also check out these pages for more info on DuckDuckGo:
- About: https://duckduckgo.com/about/
- !bangs: https://duckduckgo.com/bang/
- Privacy: https://duckduckgo.com/privacy/
Also, please note that if you have changed your DuckDuckGo search settings to use POST requests, the plugin will not use POST due to technical restrictions.
- The IA injection in Google/Bing was removed
The Development Channel lets you test an experimental new version of this add-on before it's released to the general public. Once you install the development version, you will continue to get updates from this channel. To stop receiving development updates, reinstall the default version from the link above.
Caution: Development versions of this add-on have not been reviewed by Mozilla.
- Version 1.1.1-beta