To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
About this Add-on
Available features include:
* matching against bookmark addresses
* matching against page titles and bookmark names
* matching anywhere in the address, not just the beginning
* changing the sorting criterion to alphabetical by address or title, most frequently visited, most recently visited, or top-level pages first
* completing the best match inline
* temporarily or permanently disabling the suggestion popup
* excluding local pages and pages containing search results
* swapping the address and title columns on the suggestion popup
* highlighting the column where a match was found
* fine-tuning the popup appearance by hiding page titles, changing the number of visible suggestions, and setting the truncation method for long addresses and page titles
If desired, one can always switch back to the default Autocomplete component at any time. The extension also includes numerous fixes for location bar and Autocomplete-related bugs, as well as a rudimentary history manager, which can be used to view, add, and delete individual history entries.
Please see the official extension homepage for a complete list of features and more technical details.
Post any suggestions or bug reports on the following MozillaZine forum, or email me directly using the address on the extension homepage.
I apologize for the delay in updating the extension for Firefox 3. I do plan to release an updated version eventually. Thank you for your patience. In the meantime, you might want to check out the Cootua Autocomplete extension instead.
* removed menu item from the Tools menu
* sorting alphabetically by title is now case-insensitive
* resolved conflict with the LiveClick extension, where opening a new window would cause Firefox to hang for a while
* fixed popup background conflict with the NASA Night Launch theme
* fixed minor issue where switching active components would cause a switch to another options tab
* removed the bookmarks separator when no history entries match
* address is no longer inlined when pressing Ctrl+X on the location bar