annotations gone on linux! also, LGPL? Rated 5 out of 5 stars
1) annotations are removed!
2) descriptions are expanded!
3) resolution options work!
4) simple, clean UI
5) updates to addon take effect on page reload or opening a new tab etc
1) addon page says its LGPLv3 licensed, but it doesnt include any mention of the license in the XPI. would you please consider adding a 'COPYING' file or clarifying the license in bootstrap.js, etc?
2) homepage link doesnt take you to anything useful for this addon, afaict. if a source repository exists, could you add a link for that?
3) 'Annotations ' checkbox in youtube remains checked, even though annotations dont actually show up if you have the 'Turn off annotations ' checkbox in the addon checked. i personally dont care about this, but this is probably why some people report the feature not working at all.
4) same goes for resolution, when the chosen resolution is above the maximum. the correct resolution seems like its chosen, but the option in youtube is actually empty. if you explicitly pick '1080p', and the video has '1080p', then it shows up as '1080p', but if you select 'Highest resolution' or '1440p', the video plays in '1080p' but the option is blank.
5) EDIT: ok, so you CANNOT switch the video quality in individual videos. if you do, the video reloads like its going to switch quality, then reloads the same quality, and displays the WRONG quality. you can quickly tell which quality is really playing by clicking on that quality in the dropdown on youtube's selector. if the video is playing in 720p, and you click on '720p', the video will not reload, but if you click on '360p' the video will reload. if you do the same things again, the same things happens, since '720p' is still what is playing, despite the fact that the dropdown says '360p'.
this is not necessarily a problem, as long as you always just want the highest quality and dont share your computer with anyone who doesnt know how the addon works. (this is not true for me, but i can just change it in the addon instead of in the youtube ui)
iceweasel 44 on linux 4.5.0 (wm=xmonad, no desktop environment)
addon version 44.2
Get this now all you Utubers....... Rated 5 out of 5 stars
This software gives UTube videos a new life, clearer bigger and I believe better sounding too. Love itThis review is for a previous version of the add-on (44.2).
Usefull tool Rated 5 out of 5 stars
I am usinf from a month this tool, it is very usefill and simpleThis review is for a previous version of the add-on (44.2).
Check this site where the video starts automatically despite not allowing that. Rated 5 out of 5 stars
Check "RolandChannel - YouTube" at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4vbiZMU_yrheYVZH393-Zw
On this page, the video starts automatically even though I have clearly set this addon YouTube High Definition to prevent videos from starting automatically anywhere!
I do not why, for this particular page, it does not work.
I used AutoPause everywhere on the options for this addon.
Many thanks to the developer for this excellent addon. Highly recommended.
Делает то что должен + постоянная поддержка работоспособности Rated 5 out of 5 stars
Попробовал как-то другой какой-то популярный аддон для автовыставления качества видео, так при нескольких промотках видео переставало воспроизводиться из-за ошибки, а тут всё работает + автор постоянно обновляет расширение, поддерживая его работоспособностьThis review is for a previous version of the add-on (43.10).
Хорош!! Rated 5 out of 5 stars
Один из нормальных и работающих. Жаль только иконка приложения плохая, выбивается из стиля FF и портит вид на панели... И не хватает включения темной темы...This review is for a previous version of the add-on (42.6).
Must have Rated 5 out of 5 stars
This addon instantly gained spot in all of my computers. Simply to set up and then forget.This review is for a previous version of the add-on (42.6).
Muito bom! Rated 5 out of 5 stars
Adoro esse complemento, muito útil, ótimo trabalho!This review is for a previous version of the add-on (42.2). This user has a previous review of this add-on.
Great add-on! Rated 5 out of 5 stars
This is a great add-on. It switches the youtube video quality reliably, even on embedded videos. But, in the current version it doesn't allow to switch to a higher resolution as set in the add-on's settings. Example: Add-on: 1080p -> set manual to 4k -> switches back to 1080p.This review is for a previous version of the add-on (42.2).
Great Rated 5 out of 5 stars
best out thereThis review is for a previous version of the add-on (42.2).
Best youtube add-on Rated 5 out of 5 stars
I tried other add-ons but this is the best. Thank you! Teşekkürler..This review is for a previous version of the add-on (41.0).
Это великолепно Rated 5 out of 5 stars
Прекрасное дополнение! Делает просмотр YouTube намного более приятным. И хорошо поддерживается разработчиком, спасибо ему огромное!This review is for a previous version of the add-on (41.0).
The. best. Thing. Ever. Rated 5 out of 5 stars
I really love this addon. It puts an end of tons frustration for any serious You Tube watcher like me.This review is for a previous version of the add-on (40.1).
THE BEST Rated 5 out of 5 stars
So far is simply the best of its kind! I really thank you!This review is for a previous version of the add-on (40.1).
Rated 5 out of 5 stars
Great add-on. I finally replaced SmartVideo For YouTube, which hasn't been updated in forever. Though I do wish that this had a bandwidth saver option too :/This review is for a previous version of the add-on (40.0).
Muy buena Rated 5 out of 5 stars
Muy uen complemento, cumple con lo que necesito.This review is for a previous version of the add-on (40.0).
Rated 5 out of 5 stars
nice addon.This review is for a previous version of the add-on (40.0).
Really good Rated 5 out of 5 stars
It is really good, altought it has some bugs on Linux :(
I'm using Linux Mint 17, btw.
EDIT: works fine now, thanks.
Broken with recent YouTube update Rated 5 out of 5 stars
Addon was working flawlessly but as of last week, is completely borked: just audio, video players seems to be shunted off to the left-hand size of the screen and won't render regardless of display size.This review is for a previous version of the add-on (39.0).
Rated 5 out of 5 stars
Addon works flawlessly, good job, well done!This review is for a previous version of the add-on (39.0).