To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
About this Add-on
* You can collapse/expand sub trees. It is convenient for too many tabs.
* When you close a tab which has collapsed sub tree, all of tabs in the sub tree will be closed only one action.
* The tree of tabs can be showin at rightside.
* Vertical tab bar cab be shown/hidden automatically.
* You can open new tab between existing tabs, dropping link or URL string there.
* You can save/restore the tree of tabs over sessions, by Session Manager ( https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/2324 ) or other session-management addons.
* Drag and drop is available to modify relations of tabs and to rearrange. The behavior seems to be like "layer tree " of Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop.
* Tab bar can be moved to leftside, rightside, top, or bottom. Horizontal tree is also available.
* This has an API for extension authors to open child tabs for existing tabs. (See also http://piro.sakura.ne.jp/xul/_treestyletab.html.en#api )
This is developed under a project to restructure TBE ( http://piro.sakura.ne.jp/xul/tabextension/index.html.en ) for Firefox 2. Multiple Tab Handler ( https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/4838 ) can work with this. drag-and-do features of it will be more useful. Informational Tab ( https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/4930 ) also works. With the Multiple Tab Handler, Firefox becomes like old Firefox powered by TBE.
If you don't want that Tree Style Tab automatically builds the tree of tabs, you should disable "extensions.treestyletab.autoAttach" by about:config. Then, you'll see tree only when you make a tree by hand, ex. drag and drop.
Tab Center https://testpilot.firefox.com/experiments/tab-center
Vertical Tabs (Simplified) https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/vertical-tabs-simplified/
Vertical Tabs Reloaded https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/vertical-tabs-reloaded/
Side Tabs https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/side-tabs/
For developers, Tree Style Tab provides public API. By the API, you'll be able to...
* Open additional information for the current page as a "child" tab.
* Get tabs by the tree structure. For example, "parent", array of "children", next/previous "sibling", and so on.
* Collapse and expand sub tree.
* Observe changing of collapsed state of sub tree.
More information, see: http://piro.sakura.ne.jp/xul/_treestyletab.html.en#api
- Works on Nightly 56.0a1.
- Allow to drop multiple local files to the tab bar, on Firefox 52 and later.
- Scroll to a newly opened tab if possible.
- Load a URI in an existing tab when it is dropped into the content area. (New tabs were wrongly opened by such operations.)
- Refresh tab bar correctly when any new notification appears.
- Support "Compact Dark" theme on Firefox 53 and later.
- Open tabs from middle-clicked items in "Synced Tabs" sidebar as new root tabs.
- Support contextual tabs on Firefox 54 and later.
This add-on is not compatible with your version of Firefox because of the following: