Be careful with old versions!
These versions are displayed for reference and testing purposes. You should always use the latest version of an add-on.
* Display a popup message in the corner of your screen, which will bring the appropriate tab and window to the front when clicked on.
* Highlight the Firefox icon, which does different things depending on the operating system. On Windows, the Firefox icon on the task bar flashes orange. On OS X, the dock icon bounces.
* Play a sound.
These alerts are configurable from a totally new options page. To see the new page, visit about:tabbadge, or click on the options button in the Add-On Manager.
Also in this version is a new option to delay the disappearance of the badge. This is designed to avoid the Facebook message alert being even more annoying than it is. You can set the delay with the pref extensions.tabbadge.removedelay - the value is a delay in milliseconds. 1600 should be a good value for Facebook.
In other news, this is possibly the last release on the version 1 branch. I've been working hard on new features for Tab Badge 2, and hope to release them soon. If you're interested you can see what I'm up to on the GitHub page, but I make absolutely no promises about any of it.
Removed broken site-specific code for GMail and Google+ - use the GMail Helper
* The badge now has completely rounded ends and if the number is small enough, is circular.
* The badge's positioning inside the tab looks better.
* A bug preventing the badge showing when a page is first loaded has been fixed.
* In GMail, the badge won't show the number of contacts on your contacts page.
- Now you can blacklist the badge on websites by right-clicking and choosing 'Blacklist This Badge'.
- Added support for numbers with a plus, e.g. 300+