To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
by Gavin Sharp
This add-on is very simple: on installation, it backs up and then resets your search preferences and home page to their default values, and then uninstalls itself. This affects the search bar, URL bar searches, and the home page.
This add-on has been marked as experimental by its developers
About this Add-on
- reset "browser.startup.homepage" pref to its default value
- reset "keyword.URL" pref to its default value
- reset "browser.search.defaultenginename" pref to its default value
- new in version 0.2: resets browser.newtab.url to its default value
- restores the build's default search engine if it was removed
- moves the build's default search engine into first position and selects it
Note that it's possible for a given pref's "default value" to be modified by an add-on. To be sure that you're getting Firefox's original defaults, you should also carefully audit your installed add-ons.
The code is available at https://github.com/gavinsharp/SearchReset . There is no easy way to undo the changes, but the old pref values are saved and can be viewed using about:config (search for "searchreset.backup.").
* make some adjustments to deal with changes from bug 738818
* add logging to make remote debugging a bit easier