To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
NewScrollbars (aka NoiaScrollbars) 22.214.171.124 Requires Restart
The "NewScrollbars"-extension replaces default scrollbars of Firefox and Thunderbird with colorized ones (partly) known from "Noia themes".
About this Add-on
- seven predefined scrollbar colors + customizable colors
- two scrollbar widths (13px and 17px)
- two scrollbar backgrounds (light and dark)
- English/German options window
- works with Firefox and Thunderbird
- colorpicker to style custom scrollbars
- textfield to set background color (hexcode) for custom scrollbars
- option to pick a random scrollbar on startup
- option to hide scrollbars
- options to customize scrollbars background, thumb, buttons, size
- option to make scrollbars transparent (only if "GlassMyFox"-extension is used) (Firefox only, AeroGlass Windows 7 / Vista only)
This add-on is recommended for people, who like to have "high contrast" scrollbars. Colorized scrollbars can be more kindly for eyes.
"NewScrollbars" extension also works with some complete themes.
A very small add-on to only remove scrollbars.
Note: Every currently opened website has to be reloaded after every change on this add-ons preference window.
The 'new' scrollbars are images which size gets altered using applications zoom feature like happens with default content images. There is not fix to prevent this from happening, because this is a Firefox/Thunderbird bug, that was and is present since Firefox/Thunderbird appeared and most likely will never get fixed.
Workaround: Go to "View"->"Zoom" and chose to zoom only text, so scrollbars size stays while zooming on a page. All scrollbar-styling add-ons and themes suffer from this problem.
Add-on Compatibility Reporter
If you have any problems, please contact me via email. Bugreports via "Add-on compatibility Reporter" extension without description are not helpful to solve problems.
The Development Channel lets you test an experimental new version of this add-on before it's released to the general public. Once you install the development version, you will continue to get updates from this channel. To stop receiving development updates, reinstall the default version from the link above.
Caution: Development versions of this add-on have not been reviewed by Mozilla.
- Version 1.2.3beta3: