Noia 4 is discontinued
I don't have the time and the will to continue working on Noia 4 anymore.
If anybody wants to continue/restart this project using a different name than "Noia4" feel free to contact me.Reasons for my decision:
1. Since the beginning of 2013 complete/full themes are not the primary themes on addons.mozilla.org
anymore. Complete themes lost many users because of this.
2. I don't want to say dev tools, which are a part of Firefox from version 10, are useless, but it was wrong to add them to the skinable browser area, so themes have to take care of them. Dev tools still get changed with every Firefox version makes supporting them properly a big waste of time, because they get changed on next version anyway.
3. Since the beginning of 2014 the add-ons validator was broken for about five month and I lost interest in working on Noia 4. See here: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=957158
Great alternatives to Noia 4 are Noia Fox and Nuvola. Both themes support Firefox 29+.NoiaFox
--------------------------------------------Noia 4 is the successor of the Noia 2 eXtreme theme. It provides many skin types (= 5in1), easy Personas usage and many tweaks and options through "Noia 4 theme manager" add-on.Noia 4 theme manager
(Firefox add-ons manager -> extensions)
- place Noia 4 toolbar button on any toolbar
- gray/black/blue/FF4+/full AeroGlass skins
- gray/black/blue skins (like Noia2 for Firefox 3)
- easy Personas usage (thx to Markus)
- Firefox-button settings: orange, nightly, aurora, Fx icon...
- removable toolbar lines on gray and blue skins (cleaner)
- semi-round and round tab corners
- different tab-close-button
- gray/black semi-transparent dropdown menu
- round dropdown menu corners
- black Noia scrollbars and default Firefox scrollbars
- smaller toolbar buttons (reverse)
- hide addonbars close-button
- higher tabs & bigger menubar
- disable active blue color on tabs and menu items
- set font colors and shadows for toolbars, statusbar(s), tabs, dropdown menus
- enable (old FF3) back-forward-dropmarker
- smaller forward button (more like default Firefox)
- default Firefox toolbarbuttons
- alternative tabprogress for TabMixPlus extension
- Noia 4 tabs (integrated Noia 2 tabs extension)
- restore old Favicon
- and many more...
The theme manager has a quite amount of setable options and not all of them are suitable at the same time. Some may exclude each other [v1]<-> [v2]<->[v3], some are only for certain skins etc. So if a user tries to set an option that is not compatible with another already set option, the first one gets disabled automatically.
The theme manager is an important part of Noia 4. It automatically loads CSSs files to fix bugs with some add-ons, can restore the old back-forward-dropmarker or favicon and is essential for using a Persona with Noia 4 theme. By disabling the theme manager you lose those features and all other setable options.ColorfulTabs, MacOSX & Noia 4
ColorfulTabs add-on is broken for themes on MacOSX. This problem affects other themes too. Use other add-ons or Noia 4s colorizing tabs feature to change tab colors.Scrollbars disappearance + workaround
If scrollbars start to disappear for no reason on your system, select 'default Firefox scrollbars' option inside theme manager and use OS default scrollbars.Issues reporting on Mozillazine support site
Report an issue after testing Noia 4 on a clean and extension-free profile. Post screenshots showing the problem and describe how it can be reproduced.Personas + Noia 4 theme
Select a Persona on getpersonas.com
or inside add-ons manager, select "Noia 4 theme", go to Noia 4 theme managers "Personas" tab, select tabs you want to use with your Persona and follow screen instructions. You can set different font colors for tabs and toolbars on "font" tab, if your selected Persona uses insufficient colors.Theme manager translation
Contact me, if you want to translate theme manager.
Already available languages: English, German, French, Italian, Swedish.Nightly compatibility
Since new Noia 4 releases cannot appear fully reviewed on the main page just a couple of hours after a new nightly version is out, it could be helpfull to check the versions page or the support forum to get a new nightly compatible build before it appears on the main page or via autoupdate.Add-on Compatibility Reporter
If you have any problems, please contact me via email (provided inside my profile) or go to the support forum. Wrong bugreports
via "Add-on compatibility Reporter" extension without any comments or bug description are not helpful to anyone.