MoodleR 2.0 is here with A LOT of major changes!
Here are the most remarkable new/modified features
1) MoodleR now has a new setup dialog which allows you to configure all its settings in one place! And it will now verify that it is properly configured before it allows you to use it.
2) We now have a new required option which is the accessible through the New Semester button in the MoodleR menu.
What this does is simply create a new Directory under your defined MoodleR directory with the name you choose for the semester
That way you get to have one directory for each semester. Plus this resets the Cache when launched so that there will be no conflict with files from previous semesters..
So you should do this when you start every semester
3) The Edit Monitored Courses has been simplified with images showing which courses are being monitored and which are not, a simply click on those images will enable/disable them and Auto Save (so no more save button so you don't have to worry about forgetting to save :) )
4) The Set Allowed Sections has been expanded to even work on Sub-directories !
It also uses the same idea as for courses to enable/disable the items
Also, if an item is not supported by MoodleR, when using this option you will see a blue question mark icon next to it so that you know in advance that this type of item is not supported (like Forums / Online Text / Quiz ... , things you most certainly won't want MoodleR to monitor but just in case)
5) The Launch BOT has been simplified to show more information to the user about what is going on in background
The BOT scraps sub-directories too and goes even to sub-directories of sub-directories (maximum of 2 levels)
After MoodleR makes a list of what items are available, it compares them to its cache, and makes a list of all files that it doesn't have names for (not all files go through this process so if you don't see a link being scraped now, it doesn't mean that MoodleR did not recognize it)
On success you will see a green effect with the file name appearing and a progress showing how many items are done..
After that, you get the usual MoodleR summary
6) Now that you are on the summary page, everything now has icons too!
The sections have been simplified into 3 : Files you have, Files you need to download, and files MoodleR encountered errors with...
Clicking Download will scroll you up to the first item to download, and show you the usual progress and then move the item to the first section once it is on your disk
You will then have the possibility to :
- Open the course directory
- Open the file
- Rename the file
- Delete and Restrict the download of the file
All in one page, no reload and with lots of visual, pleasing effects.
I sincerely hope you like it and that it helps you with your university!
Let me know if you encounter any problems or have any questions !