To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
Be careful with old versions!
These versions are displayed for reference and testing purposes. You should always use the latest version of an add-on.
I am working on the problem, but I wanted to release an at least working version to you whatever it costed.
Every other features remained.
- In Firefox 3.5 and 3.6, when the user hid the statusbar icon, it appeared again after restarting the browser.
Added localizations: Turkish.
Added support up to Firefox 9.0a1.
- Increased allowed length for translating selected text: from 1100 to 38000.
- Now, on first install, the extension tries to set the default language of translation. If it's not possible, still English will be the target language.
Added support up to Firefox8.0a1.
Based on a suggestion by the validator of the code, "Google Translator..." item has been removed from the Tools menu.
- Page translation
- Hot-key (Default: Ctrl+F2 (Cmd+F2 on Mac))
- One click translation on clicking the Toolbar/Statusbar icon
- Easily movable Toolbar icon for FF4+ versions. For FF3.5 and 3.6 status bar icon is still in use.
- From now this add-on DOES NOT SUPPORT Firefox versions older than 3.5. In other words, the minimum Firefox version that is required to use this-addon safely is 3.5.
- In Firefox 4 and upwards, you can no longer use the hide status-bar icon function, as in these versions, the toolbar icon is in use. If you don't want to see the icon, go to View > Toolbars > Customize... menu, and drag-and-drop the icon into the popped up window.
Bugfix (Space-bug): now, if the selected word starts or ends with a space, the translated text won't join the previous or following word.
Updates of non-visible v1.0.7:
Added compatibility for Firefox 5.* up to 7.0a1.
Also added 5 new languages: Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Tamil, Telugu.
Also added two languages: Armenian and Latin.
- Status-bar icon becomes green while translation is in progress (data-request from Google Translate page)
- From now, longer texts are available (maximum of 1100 though)