To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
Be careful with old versions!
These versions are displayed for reference and testing purposes. You should always use the latest version of an add-on.
removed: Some obsolete code
- fixed: BetterPrivacy edit protection list function removes exclusions
- fixed: BetterPrivacy supporting FF versions >= 10
- fixed: BetterPrivacy ignores time range if removing usual cookies
- fixed: Incompatibility with some add-ons and probably other reported issues that could not be confirmed in tests
- fixed: If editing protected paths with auto-escaping disabled, BetterPrivacy still escapes on FF start
- fixed: Danish locale (da)
- namespace and security improvements according to latest Mozilla guidelines
- updated LSO footprint and hash-algorithm (LSO detection module)
- added classifier information for settings-/default- and local LSO types
- updated FAQ
- removed: for FF >= v.4.0: DOM storage deletion (use clear private data instead; caveat: see MDN - Storage location and clearing the data<br>
- note: I appreciate that LSO's soon can be removed by the new native Firefox API since bug 508167 has been fixed, see bug 508167<br>
- bugfix: Checking the box Don't ask again on quitting Firefox had no effect
- bugfix: Add LSO item to Firefox history settings had no effect
-Thanks to the amazing work of the BabelZilla team I could add the first 10 locales (translations),
- added german locale
-Improved cookie-folder detection algorithm (should work perfectly for all systems)
+Added: Betterprivacy checks for valid Flash data folder path and warns if it is invalid
+Added: If delete all LSO's is pressed, the LSO manager asks if protected objects should be excluded.
+LSO Manager also shows modification time of cookies
+Cookie counter is cumulative now
+Added auto-deletion on application exit (new default)
+User now is asked if a cookie is about to be deleted (new installations only and can be disabled)
+Improved compatibility with Linux and Mac systems (missing Ok-button)
+Improved detection of default cookie
+Converted preferences from objection namespace to BetterPrivacy
+Wrapped some loose variables, code cleanup
Just to be sure - added safety measures to prevent interactions with FF's profile folder.