Willkommen bei den Thunderbird-Add-ons.
Fügen Sie Zusatzfunktionen und Stile hinzu, um sich Thunderbird zu Eigen zu machen.Schließen
Über dieses Add-on
Important update: new version doesn't have new functionality but updates version number in order to fix version incompatibility; thanks to amo-editors for quick approval; some functionality (translators) is not working due to API changes, will re-implement addon using new API.
Sorry for inconvenience.
SelectionSK is an extension which automatically pops up user menu with useful tools (copy, highlight, translation, search, etc.) when text is selected with the mouse.
The idea beyond the extension is that text is always selected with the purpose, so it is more convenient to automatically popup the menu on selection rather than do it in two steps (select and right mouse click).
It's easy and extremely convenient. Give it a try!
- Copy selection to the clipboard in various ways (standard copy, copy as plain text, copy as html). More advanced copy functionality includes automatic copy on selection and ability to append text to the clipboard.
- Translate selected word or text using various translation engines (Google, Bing, Yandex Dictionary, Urban Dictionary, Merriam-Webster dictionary, Word Reference). Translation can be copied to the clipboard. In addition, translation window has a link onto page where full definition of translated text (for instance, pronunciation or usage examples) can be obtained. Double click on the text in the translation window will allow to edit it, text will be re-translated once Enter is pressed. Please see attached screenshot which highlights all functionality available within translation window.
- Highlight all occurrences of the selected text. Extension uses FF\TB built-in highlighting mechanism, but extends it with following: more than one word or phrase can be highlighted; highlighting colors are configurable in the preferences window; permanent highlight available for Thunderbird's new email or reply windows and online editors like GMail.
- Open text as URL. Text will be validating for URL in a smart way – in addition to well-formed URLs, extension will check broken URLs (for instance, without http prefix) and href attribute. Obfuscated URLs and email addresses like "hxxp://website(dot)name(dot)com" or "mail(at)provider(dot)com" will be detected and de-obfuscated.
- Open, download or copy to clipboard multiple URLs at the same time instead of having to do them all individually.
- Send selection to the mail recipient. New email window will be opened using mailto: protocol, selected text will be added as email body. In addition, selection will be copied to the clipboard, which allows to insert it to the email from the clipboard (useful if selection has images or rich html).
- Save selection or translation result to file. It is possible to creates a log-type file and save current selection (plain text or HTML) or translation result.
- Search with the installed search engines, allowing you to use a current search engine or select a specific search engine every time. Configurable number of search engines can be show in the main menu.
- Items from FF\TB context menu can be duplicated to the extension menu; that provides the easy integration with FF\TB and other extensions because many extensions add custom items into FF\TB context menu.
- Non-intrusive mode: small, non-intrusive button will appear instead of popup menu. Main menu will be activated if user clicks on button or if user holds mouse cursor on the button for a second.
- Toolbar and status bar icons provide a shortcuts to enable\disable extension (left mouse click), translation window (middle click) or preferences (right mouse click).
SelectionSK will send selected text to online translators in order to get it translated. Please read their privacy policies.
Thank you for being interesting in SelectionSK. Please submit your suggestions and report issues at https://bitbucket.org/ashemetov/selectionsk/issues
Want to help with translation? SelectionSK can be found on BabelZilla at
Thank you for being interesting in SelectionSK.
Please submit your suggestions and report issues at https://bitbucket.org/ashemetov/selectionsk/issues
FAQ is available at https://bitbucket.org/ashemetov/selectionsk/wiki/FAQ. Please read about left mouse button click \ right mouse button click and editable text boxes - that will make your day-to-day life easier by increasing productivity.